Honeymoon for Ebron over?

3 Likes

Winning is the best deoderant. Now that they are losing, they are suddenly seeing what he really is.

5 Likes

He’s back!

1 Like

He never left. Here’s the simple truth on ME-bron. For most of the year in Indy, no one covered Ebron. They never thought he was a threat. Then even as they shifted some coverage to him, on Indy’s offense Ebron isnt your biggest threat, and Reich had good scheme to get matchups that teams had to pick who to cover and Ebron was a benefactor.

Most importantly, after getting cut, Ebron knew he had to prove himself again and got as motivated as he could be to earn more money. Now that he had a big year, he is back to being the mental midget that defines him, and Im sure he will immediately push any questions about his game on the fact that Brissett is not Andrew Luck. Its never been Me-bron’s fault. Ever

2 Likes

I normally don’t suggest this, but it’s getting close to the time to reboot the thread where Ebron was God all those that dared disagree were ignorant.

3 Likes

Who were these peeps that praised him? I just remember all the disappointment and frustration when his name was announced on draft night.

1 Like

Actually, I don’t remember if it was here or on the 247 forum, but a whole thread that it’s what you got when you used him correctly and so on.

you are correct Sid I read that as well.

There was a small group over on 247 who were complaining from about the second half of last season (when the injuries to key players killed the offense), until the 2019 NFL draft about the Lions “big mistake” in not keeping Eric Ebron. For the most part, that subsided after the Lions signed Jesse James and drafted Hock/Nauta…

1 Like

No, this was the harping that Ebron’s TD’s last year were a sign that the colts had a real QB and knew how to use him and we didn’t, and blah, blah blah. Must have been on the other site.

Well, that too.

They are obviously just “using him wrong”, it’s the coaches fault!

2 Likes

Just thankful he’s gone. When he left, Lawson was my least favorite, then they got rid of him.

Now, we don’t really seem to have an ultra-weak locker room guy.

Get us some more depth and talent on the OL, and we should be all set! Have some key decisions next offseason too. A handful of important contracts coming due.

2 Likes

WOW! Never realized this before but you are right.

3 Likes

Gee I wonder who that was :wink: I remember that thread as well.

I definitely can’t say we “used him wrong” in Detroit. We could have done some better things with him IMO, but I didn’t really see us trying to put a square peg in a round hole.

But there’s no doubt that Ebron’s year last year was almost entirely based on how they used him. The plays they dialed up and the fact that Andrew Luck LOVES throwing to his tight ends. As I brought up before, I’ll never forget the vs Patriots game (where he dropped several passes when the game mattered, then caught passes when the game was out of reach). Ebron gets hurt on a play and limps to the sidelines. The coaches put in a no name tight end who they had just promoted from the practice squad. The very next play Andrew Luck throws a TD pass to that guy, who was in Ebron’s spot on the play. Had Ebron been in the game, he would have gotten that TD. Not because he’s so super awesome and can’t be stopped in the redzone, but because that was the nature of the playcalling and the guy throwing the football.

1 Like

Oh, Eric.

2 Likes

laughable

1 Like

He’s really got to be one of the worst TE’s I’ve ever seen.

1 Like

You can take Ebron out of Detroit but you can’t take the Ebron out of Ebron

4 Likes