How close? This close

Thank you for capturing that. These boys are wrecked after spending the afternoon on the field with our Lions.

7 Likes

I noticed that frame on the tv
I thought exactly the same thing

Lions defence … awesome today

If not for the bone headed penalty by Bryant, this probably would have ended with a win

I noticed they put a camera on Bryant after the game as well — he looked like he knew he made a major

But, great game by both teams
Lions are for real

6 Likes

Not sure I buy this…Diggs was a non-factor until Jerry went down. He was being played very physical at the line and was not handling it well.

There may be tendencies but the injury was what turned the tide.

6 Likes

yup - and we exploited them on several plays
…and vice versa

Getting beaten by “the play in teh back pocket”…with seconds left, and winning on a last second field goal…well, microwaved…
I’ll just agree to disagree.
We have very different definitions of what getting “outreached” means…AGAIN.
Goofy to not see multiple points of view. I dont mind if ours is different, thankfully.

2 Likes

■■■■

so close

1 Like

With James Houston IV blowing up today….
and….
Romeo Okwara returning to practice….

Austin Bryant might be in a tight spot…

o brother where art thou GIF

7 Likes

We do agree at times :grinning:

Everyone can point fingers yes was major mistake so was Swifts drop of likely a TD we can all list plays or players. I notice that many have not added Swifts drop. When they pick out plays they think hurt team.

I like Swift but that was a drop an he has slipped in his play . I do also understand he has been hurting an he could be kind of player has problem playing with pain. Its not wrong an there are many like that in league same as some of us on here are different.

He doesn’t get a pass when you want to point fingers of blame nor does any player its team game an Lion players I think have become that Team.

4 Likes

This seemed apparent to me too.

1 Like

Yep. And Kerby probably get there against 20+ NFL QBs.

3 Likes

For Will Harris to get his doors blown off by a WR? I’ve noticed that, too.

If Harris could’ve even kept something resembling coverage, that might have been the difference.

3 Likes

You are missing the point I believe. Glenn has no creativity and really has shown (Minny game last Minny TD) that he can’t call good defensive plays in crunch time. Buffalo saw a tendency that Glenn does not deviate from and they put a play in to take full advantage of it knowing they may need that play just at the right time. Guess what? That time came and they got a 36 yard reception at a time the Lions defense should never be giving up that type of yardage at that point. I just watched the replay, we again are playing man to man coverage, WTF??? Why not a deep zone and make them take 10-15 yards chunks with only 23 seconds left?

Minny game same thing, he calls man to man coverage when holding them to a FG gets us in OT. Instead our man to man gets burned for a TD and we lose.

You may like Glenn and that is OK, but my opinion is he is NOT good at calling defensive plays for the situations that arise. The first 10 games have pretty much proven that.

3 Likes

Am I misremembering?

It looked to me like Harris let Diggs streak by him, leaving a pretty wide-open passing lane. Kerby launched in at the last second to make it seem close, but that looked like ballhawking to me, not the design of the defense.

I’ve not seen the all-22 or anything. I’m seriously asking, am I missing something?

2 Likes

No you are not missing anything. Harris did NOT have tight coverage and Kerby was late coming over.

Here is a screen shot, how is this tight coverage??

3 Likes

Yeahhh, it was more that the miss was close/tight on the hand swipe by Kerby.

I think I got distracted… by…ummm…jigglypuffs.

Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

1 Like

I will note that Da Problem was on Da Bench during Dat Play. Allen has zero pressure. It looked like they were trying to prevent a run by Allen since Buffalo had 3 timeouts. They accomplished that!!

I can see this… especially w/Jacobs and Okudah injured and/or out.
Also, the whole game, as a body of work, they didn’t do too bad.

We definitely can improve…and we are.

1 Like

Yup - makes the defense muuuuch more one-dimensional too…having limited talent on the roster. Next year should be so much fun!

1 Like

As a whole I totally agree. I am still on the DC bandwagon and think he is the right guy.
As you can tell though I am not a fan of Glenn, I think he holds the team back if they keep him on.

2 Likes

I’m a little on the fence here.
I think Glenn is a great man and mentor for these young dudes.
I think it is muuuuch easier to coach when you have a more talented roster.
I think we are one dimensional, because of the roster.
I think it’ll get MUCH better, and that we go to a 15 or so ranked D next year.

How much of that is/isn’t on Glenn? I’m not sure.
I do think our new DT is going to change literally everything.
Too big of holes right now, especially w/Okudah and Jabos out at the end of the game.

3 Likes