How do these two banana heads not get fired?

Fans want blood.

1 Like

There are reasons why you do it. One, it sends a message to every member of the team that remains, players, coaches and perhaps more importantly, the fans. If SFH canned Quintricia this morning, every fan would feel a little bit better about her no? That she is NOT WCF or perhaps even Martha.

Secondly it gives you a big head start. You get everything focused on the process of hiring a GM and HC and no not necessarily in that order. Say you look out there and you’ve got Saleh and Bienemy as your top two choices. The second they are available to interview you’ve got them in the building (hopefully) and simultaneously you are talking to GM’s. But there is probably a one week window where teams teetering on whether or not to move on from their current staff miss out on making the move for the top talent. An Owner that has shown she has seen enough and pulled that trigger may show one of these top coach candidates that these aren’t going to be the SOL.

Lastly you stop the madness for the players who will be retained. There is nothing worse than being led by turds. If we lose another game or three than we would have by keeping the current staff, who cares. Better draft picks. Bevell needs no help with the Offense and Undlin can take over the Defense. Both know the schemes inside out and can ease their tweaks in at the pace they feel makes sense based on the players they already know well. The player personnel department can make collective decisions on who to bring up or in temporarily if there are injuries etc. but they will not be making any long term decisions to try to save their butts like Quintricia possibly could.

2 Likes

For some I suppose it’s accountability. For others it’s justice for making us all so miserable on Sundays. For others it’s shedding an embarrassment. It’s better to flounder like losers with an interim than it is with the HC?

Plus, I think there’s a visceral rejection of him that’s been building since he came here (as I previously tried and failed to explain). I think there’s a number of guys that literally don’t want to see another image of him on our sidelines again.

1 Like

Fire now. Evaluate Bevell and Undlin w/o Multiple Asshat and feeling obligated to use “I’ve watched more tape on Teez than anyone in my career and still missed what everyone saw…and then did it again w Tavai” scrubs and Patriots leftovers.

Fire now and get a jump on evaluating Bienemey and all the rest.

Fire now and relieve us all from suffering watching 10 guys try and play against 11

Fire now and see if we can stop running Peterson on short yardage on off tackle plays FFS.

Fire now and keep the fans from wondering if Sheila is just more SOL.

4 Likes

Good points.

In addition, I think there is another small advantage to the owner by firing a head coach mid-season:

Late season offers a chance to win a few absolutely meaningless games against teams that have also mailed in their seasons, who are purposefully losing for draft position.

These games would give QuinnTricia a chance to pick up a couple junk wins, and make a case that 6-10 is moving in the right direction. It’s this kind of shit that the Ford’s have actually bought into in the past.

My two cents for firing both coach and GM now.

1 Like

Feelings.

1 Like

This little tidbit intrigues me. Possibly sway me not to can them right yet. With each passing week, this team becomes more and more of an embarrassment. Why not cement their legacy and let them drift off the NFL gravy train and into oblivian.

2 Likes

Would not forcing Patricia to coach Sundays and then have to answer questions in his post game presser about how much he sucks be the punishment he deserves?
I mean, he is getting paid regardless of if the Lions fire him…

Don’t let this cancer grow any more than it already has. Get the scalpel and plunge right in.

My thinking is, had we fired them 4 weeks into the year, you still have MAYBE an outside chance of saving the season, and you are making it clear that everyone is accountable. Letting Quin hang around and deal draft picks for the tradeline was a poor move strategically. Now, I don’t have any issue with the Everson Griffin trade, but it could have been worse.

The season is over. There is no maybe’s here, it’s done. So, firing them now basically screws the players. They now have to start from square one, and since we don’t have an experienced coach waiting to take over, someone is going to really suffer with having to learn how to be a coach on the fly. The players aren’t going to listen, knowing its full CYA mode, and I see a lot of problems that can start.

That being said, if the locker room is getting fed up and a mutiny is beginning, I fully support firing Patricia/Quin asap. I don’t think that is happening, I think it’s more likely that the players have realized the team isn’t that good, and no amount of effort is going to pull out wins against even decent teams. They will be competitive against the bottom feeders, they will be up against it against decent teams, and not have a prayer against good teams. I don’t see us getting past 6 wins, and that’s more due to schedule than I think we actually are better than 3 teams.

I was one of those who pounded the table against Caldwell because he couldn’t get enough guys on the field to play. Patricia is now guilty of the same. That is inexcusable coaching lapses. To me, that means both the players and coaches have lost control. I was on board with the Caldwell firing and Patricia hiring, but it’s been clear it’s over for awhile now.

2 Likes