How Good Was Barry Sanders Actually?

I disagree here. Barry could have been a monster behind that Dallas line and I would not have been surprised if he would’ve ran for 2500+ yards in a season. First you can eliminate most of his negative yardage. Second, if he got 5 “Emmitt holes” per game he could have ripped off 100+ total yards on these plays alone, easy. Barry made our line look much better than it actually was. If he could run through 18 inches of daylight, he could certainly run through the 72 inches that Emmitt got on a regular basis.

1 Like

If I were to write a snl skit about the lions I’d have a group of refs trading stories around a campfire about who screwed them the most. Lol

1 Like

Could you imagine those 90’s lions teams if they had Stafford instead of Mitchell? Herman Moore would have been a hall of famer.

2 Likes

I’m trying to figure out where exactly this is at. I want to go check it out tomorrow

Here’s the YouTube link Air.

1 Like

His kid is a 2025 RB at Birmingham, was just offered a scholarship by Toledo

The Office Thats GIF

2 Likes

This is my stance too​:muscle::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank You @Lionpile for posting the ceremony.
I watched the entire clip and must admit, it pulls at the heartstrings. So glad he was honored while still with us!
I feel bad for the generation that missed him live.

1 Like

I may be wrong, but I thought I heard a stat once that he LOST over 1,000 yards during his career. If he hadn’t, he would have avg’d over 6 ypc. Now you can’t really do that as those lost yards were mainly due to dancing behind the LOS, but that style also made him what he was, so. Best true “runner” ever is an appropriate title IMHO. Others were more “complete” backs, like Payton and Brown. I would suggest no other RB in history put as much fear in the hearts of opposing DCs.

You just got Analzoned!