How is this possible with a horrible QB?

That one is really funny.

4 Likes

Millen wasn’t the only dumbass… LMAO-

Since 2000… There have been “34 total WRs taken top 10- thanks to Lions taking 4!”

Peter Warrick
Plax
Travis Taylor
D Terrell
Koren Robinson
Charles Rogers- :slight_smile:
Andre Johnson
Larry Fitz
Roy Williams :slight_smile:
Reggie Williams
Braylon Edwards
Troy Williams
Big Mike Williams :slight_smile:
Calvin Johnson :slight_smile:
Ted Ginn
DHB
M Crabtree
AJ Green
Julio Jones
Justin Blackmon
Tavon Austin
Sammy Watkins
Mike Evans
Amari Cooper
Kevin White
Corey Davis
Mike Williams
John Ross
J Chase
J Waddle
D Smith
D London
G Wilson

Only Mike Evans has started on a super bowl winning team, and only about 10 have been Pro Bowl level players… about 11 have been COMPLETE BUSTS!

2 Likes

I wanted Lamar Jackson. I think that would have made a lot of sense. Wasn’t worried about Stafford’s feelings. I didn’t see Lamar as guaranteed every down QB. I felt his spot in the NFL was still somewhat up in the air but he was a dynamic enough player that we could use him.

2 Likes

One chooses Jared Goff and gives him a huge extension after 3 years, then, trades him away after 5 years.
That’s very curious.

If Steenberg was ANY good he would have started ahead of Kraemer when Big V and Brown got injured.

He’s a good run blocker. He’s just awful at pass pro. He can move bodies though.

I’ve got no insider info, but I think the Kayode Awosika era begins tomorrow.

1 Like

The Lions are a top 10 rushing team without a running QB and without their most dynamic RB half the time and Goff is one of the least sacked QBs. They must be doing something right.

3 Likes

Have to ask. Aren’t you worried about his lack of size? I haven’t watched a ton of QB prospect play yet and I know he’s highly prized, but man he’s really short and light in the britches. I guess anyone can get broken, maybe moreso if you are big but a statue, but that’s my big red flag at this point with how much investment it will take to get him.

We also won the Giants game without a great game from Goff. I mean he didn’t even have a passing TD.

So much of that win was the Lions punching the Giants in the mouth. Especially on defense.

2 Likes

Are passing TD’s really a measure if a QB did good or not?

The other day, one of the guys at work was saying that Jerome Bettis once had a game where he had like 3 TD’s…sounds like he had a good game, right?
He had 4 carries for 1 yard…and 3 TD’s.
Now, I’m not sure if this is true or not (but it’s a fun story either way), I’m just saying that stats don’t always tell the whole story.

5 Likes

I wish Bryce was a little bigger, but I’m not really all that concerned about it. Bryce has such great pocket awareness, world class, that you don’t get to sneak up on him. I just need to make him a little less brave because he will stand in there and take the hit to make the play, he’s fearless.

1 Like

Ok good info. I’m just not quite ready to start delving too much into the prospects at this point. Just too much other stuff going on. I’m sort of a homer game watch wise, so I watch UM and Lions and then not much else. I just watch a bunch of snaps on video and see what I see. I love the size and traits of Levis. I know many have jumped ship on him, but when I watch his receivers drop ball after ball when the game is close then they end up getting beat badly, I’m like… Back to the traits - then as much above the neck stuff as you can get. I’d of course disqualify a douche no matter what the traits are at the QB position.

I’m a sucker for the big arm and quick release. Yes it has to be accurate too, but you either have that dimension and potential for small window plays, or you don’t. The big three if you will of Stroud/Young/Levis all have elite releases. So important and we miss it going from Stafford to wind up Josh. Levis’ arm is of the special variety very reminiscent of Stafford. But he’s more mobile and dangerous as runner than Matt by quite a margin. I’ve seen some of Stroud. He makes it look easy. Not much to dislike really, but just not wowed yet. Young I’ve seen the least of, so he’ll certainly get a long look here in a bit. Sorry for the diatribe, but I’ve got to put it somewhere! You won today lol!

3 Likes

I didn’t want Ware. Wanted Renaldo Turnbull instead.

1 Like

Oh it’s true!!! And guess why he lost his starting job and became the goaline only back!? Duce ■■■■■■■ Staley took his starting spot.

Duce had 24 carries for 91 yards and 0 TD’s, while Bettis had 5 carries for 1 yard and 3 TD’s! Unreal box score to see. Someone needs to ask Duce about losing all his TD’s, haha

4 Likes

Go to the 8:35 mark

2 Likes

Just to think. If we had a better QB, OL, WR’s, TE and RB we’d be even better.

Replace them all.

3 Likes

The Jets should have listened to you. There was lots of chatter about what douche Zach Wilson is before the draft.

Goff may not be a classic brash leader, but he doesn’t blame others, he is even-keeled, and he leaves lots of oxygen for the rest of the team.

2 Likes

You forgot coaches and game plans…

4 Likes