How many new starters do we need?

Yup. I’m thinking we’re very active in FA market, this offseason. Your list makes a whole lot of sense too. I wish we had the right guys at OL, so we could have TEs do some of the similar production the a slot could. I see so many teams that have legit RBs. With us, they can afford to gamble, beause in terms of risk/reward, they won’t pay much, if the RB gets loose. It impacts what teams can do on D, if you have a nasty RB. Super-thankful they found Bo in midseason, though. He’s gonna help.
Really disappointed in Ty. I was so wrong about him.

1 Like

Ty is only in his 1st year, maybe we expected too much because of his speed. Guess there was a reason why he went in the 6th (I think).

Yeah, getting a homerun hittin’ RB would be great, but I see too many other priorities ahead of that. This team needs a defense that can stop people when we get a lead.

2 Likes

That’s not how it works …

First , absent a new CBA before the start of the league year ( trending on not having a deal done) 3/18/20 at 4PM the post June 1st designation will not exist & not be available & any player cut in 2020 the team will have to absorb the total cap hit in 2020. .
If a new CBA does get done and the post 6/1 designation is available and we use it on any player , the cap hit of a player is only divided over the current year and the following year …not 3 or 4 years …

Example : Jesse James would have a dead cap hit of $3,979,000 in 2020 &
$4,287,000 in 2021 if cut going into 2020 and designated a post 6/1 cut

The numbers say Jesse James is 100% a Lion next year , 2021 would really be the first out in his contract .

2 Likes

As many as we can get that are upgrades.
That should be relatively easy at DT, DE, LB, and Safety. If they’re breathing, they qualify.