How many picks do we make?

Currently have 6 picks. How many do you think we end up with by the end of the draft? I’m guessing 8. I wouldn’t be surprised if we traded a future pick at some point and I hope we trade down at some point to gain extra capital.

3 Likes

“All of them.”

I could definitely see us trading a future pick for a pick in this draft. I could even see us using a future 1st to move back into the 1st round this year. But personally I think the future picks are more valuable if we use them on existing NFL players.

1 Like

I think we will eventually end up with 7 picks in this draft.

I believe we will trade down at some point and add another pick.

I think there’s a possibility we trade a player or future pick to get back into this draft as well.

1 Like

For 2022, we will have 2 firsts, 1 second, 2 thirds, 1 fourth, 2 fifths, 2 sixths, and possibly 2 7ths. I could definitely see us trading something from next years draft to help us now.

2 Likes

We’d be silly not to if I’m being honest. While I’m sure the staff won’t complain about a dozen draft picks next year… only having half that this year means they have a little extra ammo to add if they desire

No matter what - watching this years draft will be fun!!

2 Likes

I’d rather take our lumps this year and see where we’re at next year. Trade down, if possible for more shots at the target, but we’re too early in the rebuild to spend future resources, IMO.

2 Likes

That is very possible, especially if Holmes has a player rated really high on his board that starts sliding some in the 2nd or 3rd round. However, I’d be careful trading away too many future picks. As Line said, we are very early in this rebuild, no need to rush it.

1 Like

I agree with not rushing it. Not a fan of trading down this year unless they get a very attractive offer. More than what mocks and some here are advocating for.

If necessary, stay put and take talent that fits what you want to do this year. Use the extra capitol next year to move around if desired to target the players you want.

You can read that as I don’t want them to slide back to 15 or 19 and miss out in the top rated talent just for another 2nd and a 4th. If you’re staring at any combo of Sewell, Parsons, Smith, Chase, Waddle, or Slater at 7, make sure the offer is worthy of you missing out on all of them. Because you have to believe you’re going to.

Based on my simulator mocks… about 13.

1 Like

It makes sense to spread those picks out so there’s more diversity in experience and when contracts expire.

2 Likes

Agreed. Plus it gives the new staff more toys to mold this year for when expectations are higher next year.