How much cap space are we going to really have?

Romeo has no reason to take a pay cut if he finishes this season strong, unless he wants to play with Julian as long as he can. You can tell Campbell really thinks highly of him as well.

I would love to somehow keep both Vatai and Romeo, but at half their current base salaries though.

I didn’t know you were a doctor or Lion told you exactly what the back injury was or how serious.
You save 6 mil an add 6 mil off the cap doesn’t sound like great deal unless he can’t play.

Maybe couple people who are doctors will say he is 100% an the back problem is fixed an he should have no problem. You still want to take 6 million dead cap hit or would you be interested in adding oid years to reduce cap hits for few years?

So let me get this right cut him take a cap hit of 6 mil dead cap an spent lets say 4 mil on a vet OG who could have sore back of iffy knees an just is not as good. So what we have is new ROG an 2 million extra with a 6 mil dead cap hit all this without hearing anything about his health got It

1 Like

Back issues never really go away. 3 people in my family have had back surgery and they feel worse. With Big V being a big guy im not sure he wont have issues again

3 Likes

I understand I guess you trust doctors I am looking at if healthy avoiding a 6 mil dead cap or at very worse spread it over a couple of void years.

I am not sure i asked Dead but lets say we move 6 mil that would be dead cap to 2 years void years at 3 mil a year.
That reduces his cap hit if healthy by 6 mil in 2023 an if cut in 2024 when u look we would gain 9 mil rough numbers an dead cap of about 3 mil if he is cut.

This idea is based on if he is cut he could rework his deal or Lions could offer him couple void years to save in 2023 an he still gets his money in 2023

Now we know contracts involve a lot we don’t know . I can’t see him being against it an it will be based on how Lions feel about his play an health.

It would be No dead cap in 2023 an moving 6 mil to voiid years i used 2 could be 3 at 3 or 2 mil.

If he plays well in 2023 an stays healthy they could rework new deal also.

I just would like to avoid the 6 mil dead cap. I also would like to have a healthy starting ROG

I would be on board working a new cheaper deal. When healthy good player, but back issues should be a big issue

1 Like

I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express once, Yote.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.