How much importance do you give the preseason with a new regime?

I can’t remember what he said at the time, but he said something to that effect. With him it was the idea that we were sandbagging it and we had some huge bucket of tricks waiting to pounce on the opponents during the season. With Mooch it was “well we haven’t installed goalline offense yet.” WTF?

Just pick up and stay with receivers on crossing routes.

That’s really all that would make me believe that the staff has the team focused and on the same page…fixing the biggest flaw from last year

The bar is not high for me.

I can’t remember it, but not necessarily. Because as I said, wins and losses in the preseason don’t matter. Whether you look lost, clueless and display flawed, exploitable schemes does matter.

If your schemes are OK but your talent isn’t there, that might not be so glaring in the preseason, when starters aren’t playing as much; when people are playing who won’t make your (or any) team.

reps and game practice, preseason is like a dress-rehearsal for the real thing . get that little bite of extra time and the experience going through the routes on a big time football field give your brand new QB MORE time with a few of the guys that might or will play during regular .season it lets us watch a little bit earlier SOME football, and we know pre is gonna be gone then it’s %#@! SHOWTIME The NFL season baby…

Blockquote

This is an older article but I like the bottom line that it points too…

It’s better to go 2-2 vs 0-4… meaning we want to let the average record of the overall league …