How the Draft may go

I’ll be surprised if he’s not gone in the first two picks.

1 Like

I’d take Stroud at 6 as well.

1 Like

Yeah well, you liked Okudah at 3 too :joy: I jest

Yep. And based off of the reporting of every beat write covering the 2021 training camp he was about to take off big time. And ten he ruptured his Achilles. Sh!t happens sometimes.

Tua was my first choice (not that such a choice is much or any better).

Or Mitch Trubisky over DeShaun Watson (and Patrick Mahomes).

If the draft fell that way, a trade down should be a piece of cake and I would do it. Size concerns are valid and the greatest ability is availability. Will Bryce Young have the survival qualities of Gumby Goff? I’m thinking no. Young will look good until he’s NFL roadkill.

Las Vegas would flip us something because of the desperate suitors deeper in the draft like the Titan and Commies.

Wacky scenarios that entertain my feverish mind are Young, Stroud, Levis, Wilson and Anderson going in the first 5: And our choices are Christian Gonzalez, Jalen Carter, and Anthony Richardson. That’s why Brad is paid the big bucks…

Da Bears!!!

chris farley GIF

Beat writers writing fluff pieces about players who play for the team they cover? I’m shocked! Again, I jest… My first choice was Herbert, no telling where we’d be if that happened… I can understand Stroud at 6, he has the talent, that’s not what I’m concerned about… Again, just a gut feeling.

1 Like

The thing about Young is, he has amazing pocket presence… I’m sure he’ll get hit, but he has Romo-esque ability to escape pressure

2 Likes

There were national writers too. Believe it or not. I could care less. But everyone I trust was quite explicit that Jeff was looking ready to boom coming out of 2021 training camp.

Some team would give the Lions a KINGS RANSOM to trade up and take Young. If so….I’d take the trade offer

1 Like

I’d trade my pick for a kings ransom in this case

Hypothetically speaking what do you do when he proves otherwise?

This could very well be the outcome. He is the longterm answer. A lot of things have to happen. They have to LOVE a guy, have to believe he is the GUY, and at the same time have doubt about Goff long term. If those 3 things aren’t there then a qb doesn’t get taken. Nor should a qb get taken.

Tia wasn’t my first choice but I really like Tua coming out. I felt if he could shake the injuries he’d be a solid QB.

He hasn’t really played out like anticipated.

I’ve been saying for some time, Houston won’t go the QB route @2

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.