How To Make the Best Team in 2022?

Or, we do both.

People are counting out us making the playoffs, Goff holding us back, and then us trading both our picks and maybe a 2024 pick to move up.

And since Bryce Young and Will Anderson are going 1 and 2, we can draft Stroud at 3 or 4 depending on who’s picking. Sit him behind Goff for a year, then Stroud takes over in 2024.

1 Like

PFF has him projected at 3 years/$40M. Which means nothing until it does.

Woooooord! More to come, for sure!

Oh I agree, I was just saying draft this year like you posted, I don’t see the need to add the QB this year with all our other needs. Then address QB in 2023. Even if Goff does well in 2022 the team still needs to start looking at bringing on a prospect to sit a year or 2 and learn

I agree with that, although I would be kind of disappointed if they didn’t take a QB with one of their 4 late round picks to be a backup. Tim Boyle is great if you’re tanking, but we aren’t anymore, and we need someone to win games for us.

In my scenario, we cut/trade Big V and Flowers. We signed Scherff, he’s a Free Agent.

I’m kind of hoping for a FA signing to take care of that backup.

PFF is not good as projecting contracts. If you look at their projections from last year they were pretty terrible.

After I posted that, I looked at OTC and if I’m reading their non-premium chart correctly, they projected Chark right where you did at about $7M per year.

Contracts can be tough to guess for guys in Chark’s situation. The facts are he had a really solid 2nd year. He wasn’t elite, but he was very good. His 3rd year his play tailed off and this past season he was mediocre until he got hurt. Can’t see a team paying him big money when his upside is a Marvin Jones type WR. For 6mil or so I would take the gamble.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.