How'd we get Coach Dan?

Thank god it didn’t happen if true. Solid college coach sure, but making that jump from CFB really hasn’t gone well for most that have tried.

2 Likes

For sure!
Praise tiny Jesus for Dan Campbell.

2 Likes

He wasn’t the first choice. I remember that distinctly. Yeah, Matt from Iowa State was the guy they wanted. Dan seemed like a third or fourth choice guy. Then they announced it was a six year deal, which felt different to me.
I’d guess, they gave Dan the interview just to do all the necessary homework , and like all of us, we’re blown away by MCDC’s swagger.

Well I guess i have to take the blame for this one. Sorry folks. Really, i think back to a thread talking about him being Miami’s HC. I made the joke about him becoming the next Lions HC. It was totally a joke and i did not think that it would happen. Please forgive me.

My point is you need to have a discussion with some one to be able to read them
I don’t care if it’s phone, in person or Zoom

I was President if a company before retiring and I always went out and talked to employees to be able to read them
Would never have been able to do that by just observing

1 Like

DC blew both Holmes and Sheila away in his interview and I believe they offered him the job on the spot and signed him to a six year deal. I was surprised at the hire but was impressed with his introductory presser. I really wanted Saleh who ended up going to the Jets but I am very happy with DC.

1 Like

You might need to…that doesn’t mean I need to. :wink:
Levels and layers of energy.
Can you look at a person and see if they are…
sad?
mad?
FURIOUS?
Scared?
Confident?

I don’t need to have a discussion with someone to know that.
If you do, that means we are different…and that can be okay.

So you primarily use body language?

70% of all communication is nonverbal….

Someone sent me some footage from Dan’s interview
drunk the rock GIF by ALL SEEING EYES

2 Likes

Also that’s not what we are taking about
We are talking about leadership and warrior traits, or energy as you label it
You have also described Goff as soft
Again not sure how you determine these from watching a game once a week

Yea I get that for communication and emotions but this was all being discussed in the context of energy around leadership and being a “warrior”
Sometimes being calm and trusting is better leadership than jumping all around yelling at people

Just saying

1 Like

That’s literally what an NFL message board is for.

Just Saying Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

2 Likes

We hung Patricia from a sturdy I-beam. Then used Quinn’s bat and took a HUGE swing. Campbell was the first piece of candy that fell out.

3 Likes

I am no rocket scientist but I bet that’s how it went down.

1 Like

He wanted the job and Spielman agreed.

1 Like

Not sturdy enough. The engineer in charge had to take a pic to document what happened.

3 Likes

From what I read Campbell told his agent to just get him a interview. it was the only job he wanted from my understanding.

2 Likes

LOL - Yup!