(Average for DE is 7.13)

Vertical jump: 36 inches

40 yard dash: 4.64

Shuttle: 4.07

Kayvon Thibodeaux: 6’5” 258 LBS

3 cone: Couldnt find

Vertical Jump: 29.6 (as a recruit)

40 yard dash: 4.67

Shuttle 4.21 last year (4.30 as a recruit)

2 Likes

Pretty good read on Hutch.

Why did this need its own thread?

Based on what I’ve found so far, Hutch is bigger, faster, stronger and a better athlete

We will find out at the Combine of course but that posted 3 cone for Hutch is unreal if true. That measures ones ability to turn and accelerate quickly. For reference Darrelle Revis ran a 6.56 3 cone in 2007, which is the benchmark for excellence for a CB

Le’Veon Bell ran a 6.75 seconds, which at 230 LBS was considered freakish

Maybe it didn’t. delete it or move it if you want

That three cone looks like a fluke. If not, we should sprint to the podium. A couple years ago, here’s what CBS said about the 3 cone drill for edge rushers:

The three-cone drill is the lifeblood of analytics centered around the edge-rusher spot, and with good reason. The three-cone tests a player’s ability to explode and bend, which translates to defensive ends and outside linebackers tightly turning the corner en route to the quarterback.

Unless you’re absolutely enormous, you do not want to be anything more than a half-tick above 7.12 seconds in the three-cone. I expect LSU’s K’Lavon Chaisson, Notre Dame’s Julian Okwara, and Ohio State’s Chase Young to rock the three-cone and test through the roof altogether.

1 Like

From PFN

“…
Joey Bosa: 6’5, 269 lbs.
40: 4.86
3-cone: 6.89,
Short Shuttle: 4.21
VJ: 32”
Broad: 120”
Bench: 24
Arm Length: 33 3/8″

Myles Garrett: 6’4, 272 lbs.
40: 4.64
3-cone: N/A
Short Shuttle: N/A
VJ: 41”
Broad: 128”
Bench: 33
Arm Length: 35 1/4”

Bradley Chubb: 6’4 269 lbs.
40: 4.65
3-cone: 7.37
Short Shuttle: 4.41
VJ: 36”
Broad: 121”
Bench: 24
Arm Length: 34”

Nick Bosa: 6’4 266 lbs.
40: 4.79
3-cone: 7.1
Short Shuttle: 4.14
VJ: 33.5”
Broad:116”
Bench: 29
Arm Length:33”

Chase Young (unofficial): 6’5 270 lbs.
40: 4.59
3-cone: 6.85
Short Shuttle: 4.11
VJ: 40”
Broad: 138”
Bench: 31
Arm Length: 35”…”

Ziggy Ansah

|40 Yard Dash:|4.63 seconds|
|20 Yard Split:|2.69 seconds|
|Bench Press:|21 reps (225 lb)|
|Vertical Leap:|34.5 inches|
|Broad Jump:|118 inches|
|20 Yd Shuttle:|4.26 seconds|
|Three Cone:|7.11 seconds|

To be fair, Ansah had at least 5 years advantage on those other players :laughing:

6 Likes

Anyone who thinks KT is the slam dunk pick at this point hasn’t been paying attention.

Hutch is the man.

1 Like

Ojabo: 6’5” 233 LBS (as a recruit)

40 yard - 4.74
20 split - 4.40
Vert - 33.3

For idiots on the west coast, like me, that don’t get to watch a ton of CF during the day on Saturday. Thus, I had no idea who you guys were pumping up over the past few weeks with regard to Hutch. I’m finally getting to see him tonight, and while he hasn’t been dominant, I love the motor. He reminds me of an Urlacher type player, at least from what I’ve seen so far. I’ve been on the KT train most the season, but even I am straying from that. I don’t know if Hutch is the alternative, but I like seeing things (i.e. the metrics posted here) that justify why many are starting to lean towards Hutch… even when the national media has seemingly locked KT in that spot for the past few months.

1 Like

I’m a West Coast cat as well and was firmly in camp Thibodeaux early in the year. I’m a convert. Hutch all the way. As I type he just blew up a double team for a big sack before the end of the half

1 Like

Hutch is a beast, he’s the guy unless something crazy QB wise, happens.

1 Like

Hasn’t been dominant? With all due respect WTF game are you watching.

He is driving the OT back into the QB on every play.

If it wasn’t for bootlegs and quick passes he would have a sack or qb hit on every play.

This coming from an Iowa resident and huge hawkeye fan.

1 Like

The same one you were in the middle of the first quarter. No, he had not been “dominant”, personally. Yes, they are sliding the RB over to him and moving Petras away from him on every pass, allowing others to beat them because of his presence. If thats what you consider dominant, then yes, ill agree. I started it when we got back from dinner, so I just FF past halftime.

[quote=“TNutZz, post:13, topic:13047, full:true”]

Hey guys, I don’t watch many Oregon games and have only seen highlights of Thibs. What specifically is changing your mind(s) towards Hutch? Personally I’m excited to get either one of these guys. Hutch seems very durable and his motor is going 110%. Add that to his talent and he’s looking like he could be a beast. So I guess I’m leaning his way a little of myself.

1 Like

I think you have to go with Hutch at #1. He’s a leader and is dominating the position. He’s also from Michigan and this will be good for Michigan/Lions fans.

1 Like

For me it’s the leadership. I think Thibs has been coasting a little, and just taking for granted that he’s going to be the top pick. I don’t think Hutch right now even cares about the draft. He’s bleeding Maize and Blue and leaving it all on the field

Aside from playmakers this team also has a leadership gap. I think Sewell can be that guy. Now Hutch too on the defense. Two great foundation pieces to set the tone for this rebuild

4 Likes