HYPOTHETICAL trade with Philadelphia

Not sold on Hurts. They did have the number 1 rushing attack in the nfl and he was a big part of that though. Just not sure that style offense can win in the playoffs without a legit passing attack. Eagles could be in a great spot to take a QB in the teens with one of the 3 picks.

3 Likes

That is why they would never do this trade. Too many option for them with those 3 picks in the teens

2 Likes

Assuming Wilson is gone,

15.Ojabo
16.Burks
19 Lloyd
28 Davis
34 D.Hill

For us would be insane.

3 Likes

I don’t think a trade is happening this year… so I’ll lead with that… but if… big time if… they wanted a particular QB really bad…, would they hope he slides to the teens???

In the recent draft era… it is not common for top QB talent to make it out of the top 10-12 picks without teams moving up to get their guy.

1 Like

Possible ideas… though really unlikely…

I would be pissed if Philly had #2OA and the Lion’s traded THREE mid first rounders to move up in this draft. I think Philly and their fans would feel the same.

2 Likes

jerk off tv land GIF by #Impastor

Wouldn’t that be an argument in favour of acquiring more picks, if you trust the scouting?

In any event, Philly would never offer three mid 1sts to move up to 2 unless they see something in one of these QBs that pretty much nobody in the scouting universe sees.

2 Likes

Sorry guys,

I think Philly learned their lesson the last time they did this. Won’t happen again.

They may move around a bit with all those picks but they sure as hell aren’t trading up to #2.

2 Likes

Stop injecting rational thought into this.

Lions fans want to mock the Lions having all of those picks. That’s enough reason to justify the trade. Who cares what the Eagles want or need?

2 Likes

Exactly why I put hypothetical. Just something fun to talk about. If i was being realistic I would have put the Jets or Giants picks like HSV suggested and even that seems far fetched. It’s a boring time of the year, doesn’t hurt to talk about some what ifs.

1 Like

I think Hurts is going to get one more year for evaluation, he’s still young. And this QB class is nothing special.

Philly GM said today that Hurts has earned the starters role for 2022.
But, it is draft season…so big grain of salt.

2 Likes

I don’t think he’s bluffing. Jalen played surprisingly well. He was very efficient in the way he ran the offense.

I think he has solid upside too. Eagles are very well positioned.

Conversely, they have plenty of ammunition to go out and get Watson (or another qb) if they think he’s worthy and would be a significant upgrade over Hurts.

Those three firsts this year, Hurts and a touch more, the Texans would listen I’m sure.

1 Like

They’d be crazy as hell not ot take that deal, IMO

1 Like

True. I’m going off their (Texans) original demand of three firsts and three seconds to get Watson.

Philly has enough to get the phone picked up and a listen for sure.

1 Like

100%. If that deal was available you take it and run away laughing. These guys at the top are not game changing players like a Burrow or Myles Garrett. Being able to stack that many picks in the draft has to be considered a huge win.

We could walk away with the best LB’er in the class (Dean/Lloyd), a top 2-3 WR (Wilson/Williams/Burks), a very good edge rusher (Ojabo), and a D-Lineman (Leal/Davis?), and even a safety. That would literally be essentially 5 first rounds picks. No way Eagles make that deal without atop flight QB in this draft, and if there was why wouldn’t Jacksonville jump all over it as they may be in worse shape then us.

1 Like

Everyone in Philly loves Jalen, until the ball is snapped.

1 Like