I didn't want Parsons

If Parsons was in this years draft, I might take him 1OA. Not sold on Thibs at all.

Most everyone here thought Parsons was a low character violent tea-bagging rapist

1 Like

I wouldn’t go most everyone, but there was a very vocal group.

You make it sound like it’s a bad thing…

I stayed out of those arguments because “he’s just an off-the-ball linebacker”. :yawning_face:

I guess the “short arm” thing for rushing on the edge doesn’t matter as much if ya run 4.4 in the 40… and a 6.89 in the 3-cone???

2 Likes

Haha. I recall is was pretty much only me and another cat here who was banging the drum for Parsons. The whole character thing was way overblown

(watch now that I post this next week he will rob a nunnery or some crazy shit like that)

1 Like

Haha no doubt. Them nuns better watch out.

sister act dancing GIF

2 Likes

I guess not. If you can look past a player and play past him too, and can do it with Xi JingPing hands and arms, then more power to you.

He doesn’t have to hold up full time. If you are isolated to situational football you can move your DE to DT to rush the passer. But its not where you’d want him to live full time.

1 Like

He was my top target in the draft…. Had we taken him I highly doubt we would be winless. Just think we had strong trade offers to trade down. We could have taken those and still drafted Parsons.

We desperately need difference makers and I saw Parsons as the biggest difference maker in the draft.

Yep …. I never understood why people wanted to label him as just an off ball LBer. Just because he’s good off ball doesn’t mean that’s all he can do. He’s the most versatile LBer to come out in a while. As I explained then…. He’s damn good when lined up on the LOS and used as a pass rusher. I was shocked by how many people disagreed with me.

Well that “OFF BALL” LBer has 8 sacks so far…. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Every draft almost I had parson as the pic, I was on him all last season. Said he was exactly what we need a monster in the middle that can do it all. Sewell has been great but I think Parson makes bigger impact and was one of the bigger needs. Now a half a season in I think both Parson and Sewell have outstanding careers a head of them, you can’t go wrong with either.

Parsons would be our greatest defensive player, not mad at Sewell, but I wouldn’t have bitched and cried and moaned had we taken Parsons.

1 Like

The character issue was blown way out of proportion. I remember listening to POD podcast and one of the guys there was so anti-Parsons.

But when you looked into it. Kid graduated from Penn State in two years and wasn’t even named in the complaint. All accounts from teachers and coaches he was an outstanding student and player. And watching his last bowl game you saw him dominate and change that game

There were people that were doing the coy “oh I have inside information on the kid and trust me…ITS TERRIBLE! But I’m not going to say anything! But trust me!”

I’m tempted to make a Ped U joke here. But I’ll try to contain myself.

Yeah a lot of media echo chamber going on

Parsons is a nice looking rookie, but we would still be winless if we took Parsons. We are losing because the offense is pathetic, we can barely score 10 points per game. The defense has actually been playing well enough to win.

Held the Ravens, Vikes, Steelers, and Browns all under 20 points.

Now, if we made the trade to send Stafford to Carolina for #8, we could have had Parsons and Sewell, that would have been very interesting.

Yes we do. At the same time though a player like Sewell can be around for 20 years. When he loses a step he’ll still be a monster guard. Like Larry Allen was for the Cowboys.

Has nothing to do w want for me. Liked him. But Sewell was a bigger need and will have a longer career barring injury.

2 Likes