I don't think Branch will be the pick

The game - both in college and the NFL - is geared towards the offenses. The playing field is more level in the NFL so Alabama often out-talents their opponents, but when they don’t, or when they’re facing a good offense, they can give up lots of points for sure.

Is it me or does Jordan Battle sound like a Zionist military scheme?

We can never say for sure since Cross went before we picked in round 3. I was a massive Kerby guy leading up to the draft so I’d like to think so

Ricks and Moore were being relied on heavily and despite being supremely talented kids who flashed star potential as underclassmen, both really underperformed.

Exactly
I’ll be stoked if he’s there at the 18
Minkah Fitzpatrick went 14, Branch is that dude

1 Like

I think Brian Branch will be a solid pro (and I’m more than fine with him at 18)but if he ends up being one of the best players in the class then what a stinker of a class it ends up being. Good player. Super high floor IMO. Just don’t see a massive upside with him.

1 Like

Minkah was a borderline elite athlete compared to Branch:

And Minkah’s doesn’t include his 6.73 3-cone or 4.13 shuttle which would raise his score even higher. They’re definitely not the same prospects.

2 Likes

I heard it was a custom jersey with his name on it?
Maybe I’m thinking of someone else.

Right about where Pettigrew got picked #18

Washington definitely has the freaky athleticism to go first round (and much better than Pettigrew’s), but I really don’t think our brass values TE enough to take one this early. Bresee is an option though his problem has never been his athleticism.

1 Like

He also had experience as an outside CB where he faired and was a high end playmaker (4 pick sixes and a PR TD). Very different players.

Branch is more like Budda Baker IMO. Not as fast but a bit bigger. Top of mind that’s the current safety I’d most compare Branch to if he hits his max potential.

1 Like

Crazy that Branch tested so poorly

I’m sure it improves extremely at pro day

Athleticism was never his calling card so I wouldn’t call it too shocking. And honestly it doesn’t change my evaluation of him at all. He’s extremely instinctive and a great tackler, leader, hard worker, but he’s got some athletic limitations.

1 Like

@Thats2

Gun to your head…what you would decide is best value?

Branch S/NB at #18 or J. Martin Illinois S/NB rd#3-4

This whole DB connection stuff with Moesely, MacMccain, Sutton (and Bly is from North Carolina) I love the idea of getting Kerby’s teammate. But we don’t need both obviously.

So in your expert opinion, which is better for us?

I don’t think anyone expected Branch to run fast. I would imagine that’s why he was playing inside at Alabama. He is a football player that plays with instincts. I don’t think Brad cares what his RAS score is he will go by what he sees on tape. I think he just drafts good football players…Most good football players are also good athletes therefore a high RAS score.

There are teams that think they can get a steal by drafting super athletes and turn them into football players. Brad will take a chance on an injured player .that slides just so he is a good football player on tape… I do agree Branch will be a borderline 1st early 2nd because of the position value.

1 Like

Personally I’d much rather have Martin for that value. Branch is a better player and Martin doesn’t offer as much in the box, but he’ll be better in coverage and that 2-3 round discount is great for roster building, especially considering the talent we’ll get at pick 18 instead.

Seems about right…but doesn’t Martin seem exactly what we already have in IFFY back there…

That’s why I think Branch is perfect fit for us

I’m not saying Branch isn’t a good football player, but shit he’s kinda small for safety at 190 pounds and not very fast. I gotta watch more film on him.

RAS can be overrated at times for sure, but that makes me think he might be available in the 2nd round

Budda Baker went 36. That’s a really good comparison @CuriousHusker

Gruden Approves!!

1 Like