I Like This 2021 Team

I don’t like the record but I see something being built here. I have see this team getting better. Building something that feels right. I hate this loss today and the first half could have been a blowout. But I like these young guys playing their asses off.

In this game today we won the second half 17-9. In the Packers game we won that first half. YES…there is work to do and a LOT to clean up. But there is also a lot to like overall. This club is getting better.

Screw Jamie Collins. Sorry Okudah, bad break but damn…you never showed us anything anyway. Parker looks legit. Barnes looks legit. Reeves Maybin got a shot and looked solid today. Better than Collins.

We had 4 sacks and a pick today. One young guy mistake and we get the ball back via punt fumble recovered. The Ravens had drops in the first half. But they lost the second half without the dropss.

Goff is up and down but he battles and makes plays for us. I am a Goff fan. I see him as 2013/2014 Stafford. He can and he will get better.

I don’t like being down 0-3 but I see something worth rooting for at this point. I didn’t see that under Patricia. This team has a fire and they have played good football. They have also played bad football which is the hallmark of a young team. This team is turning into a very tough out and I can live with that. I am excited to see this group grow.

19 Likes

Love this!! The defense wasn’t half bad today.

1 Like

I think we have some players in Barns Parker and Price.
The coaches saw Collins was the problem and acted.
Improvement week to week to week so far.
Face it nobody expected this team to win the division anyway.
But it does seem like something could be getting right.
Now if the Rams just don’t take all the shine off our magic beans.

3 Likes

Agree w/you guys. This train is starting to move and getting more momentum.

Price looked good too

1 Like

This is the kind of game where I will think “okay we are 0-3 but really we are 1-2” kind of thing.

You can feel these guys building confidence in the system. AO is our #1 CB and when we get our rookie CB back that will help too.

Strong safety is a problem. WR is developing. Goff is figuring out who he can trust. Goff is hot and cold but I am VERY happy with the upside he has shown noting he has also had some bad plays too.

At the start of this season this three game stretch was brutal. I was hoping we beat the 49ers to go into Green Bay but O always saw the Green Bay game as a bridge too far. And the 49ers were always going to be tough. The Ravens are NEVER easy but we were at home 2 out of 3 games to start this season. Being 0-3 sucks. But I see this team figuring out in real time that they can beat anyone. We stuc it to Green Bay for a half. We stuck it to the Ravens for a half. If these young guys start believing we can play with anyone teams better watch out. I am LOVING what Kalif Raymond brings to the table. This guy has legit NFL talent.

Give this young team time to catch their breath and this will become a very compelling ballclub soon.

1 Like

Our next six games are against the Bears, Vikes, Bengals, Rams (the toughest game of the next six), Eagles and Steelers and to me none of these teams are as good as the Packers or Ravens. OR…they are not considerably better than any of those teams.

If we keep seeing improvement I see multiple wins coming these next six weeks.

Amen, brother.

We need some wins for morale, but it’s starting to look like if they’ll have a lot to build on. Next year they’ll be able to get a significant infusion of talent, which they need.

Absolute heartbreaker today, but, at this rate, this turnaround can be quick.

2 Likes

I’m in, man. Agreed!

2 Likes

Yup! Another Holmes draft, and we’re competitive. Wildcard team, next year?

Yep!
This team plays with heart. It’s new to ALL of them.
They came back to win today (yeah, I know).
That’s a big improvement.
They looked real good in the first half last week.
Today, they battled back. That was Lamar Jackson and the Ravens.
If this team keeps working at it, and they don’t lose that heart, they’re going to be good!
I believe that. They did that for me, today.

2 Likes

Me too! Always defended Stafford and knew he was plenty good enough to win with. I feel quite similarly about Goff.

Goff is not as polished as Stafford is right now, but I too think he can get there. Over 73% completion rate and over a 93 QB rating in a game where he was under the amount of pressure he was under today (with no turnovers). And they were taking shots down the field too. Factor in the drops and that’s not bad.

4 Likes

The team isn’t a lost cause. They’ll improve as they play together. And we’re starting to see what the most pressing needs are, and where the current players are good enough. The teams is fine for three weeks into a total rebuild.

But keep in mind that the Ravens were a seriously banged-up team on both sides of the ball. They made some costly errors and committed tough penalties. If that kick bounces in the other direction, they’d be talking about how all the drops and sloppy play cost them the game. Except for two plays on the final drive, this game is not making the Raven’s highlight reel.

The Lions played decently for 30 minutes against Green Bay, and the SF game was only close because the entire second half was garbage time. I’m glad that the defense seemed better today, but I’m not finding a whole lot of moral victories in a home loss to a borderline playoff team that was missing half its starters.

1 Like

All of those games are winnable (except for the Rams). None of the other 5 teams has shown me that they are consistent on both sides of the ball, the Rams have that consistency.

Yup

Is there anyone worth tanking for in the 2022 draft? People thought Lawrence was worth tanking for, but I disagreed. Chase Young/Joe Borrow was worth tanking for IMO.

I would play all the young guys who are hungry to play in the NFL. Guys like Flowers was just another bad signing by Bob Quinn. The 4th & 19 was just a bad play call.

Kayvon Thibodeaux or Kyle Hamilton. But we’ll probably be able to get one of those as low as 4 without really tanking.

1 Like

I gave the previous regime a lot of shit for being close and losing most of time.

But that with Matt Stafford and one of the older, more expensive rosters in the NFL.

This is the youngest team in the NFL and giving some of the best teams in the NFL everything they can handle despite the obvious talent discrepancies.

I obviously could be wrong but this feels different.

4 Likes

I’m with you there. Although a frustrating loss, this team seems to be improving weekly. That’s all I can ask for with the lack of talent.

2 Likes