I predict 7 plus wins in 2021

Way too early to predict. So, as a start, they would be hard pressed to match last years win total.

And I’m more than okay with that.

1 Like

Hopefully you know I’m just messing with you.
I do hope Fields sucks now that he’s a Bear though.

1 Like

I like the enthusiasm but people need to temper their expectations for next year because if they do not then they are going to be sorely disappointed and start complaining that Campbell can’t coach because this team should be winning more than it is and the reality is BQ and MP decimated this roster with slow unathletic, untalented football players and this is a multi-year rebuild. It’s too early to predict what next year will bring but to say Goff has been the better pro? He was on the better team, with the better coaching. LA doesn’t trade 2 1’s a 3rd and THE better pro for the lesser pro. What is going to most likely happen is people realize how good Stafford really was and I don’t say that as someone who dislikes Goff, quite the contrary. I hope he is the future and we don’t waste a pick on a rookie. But we have a top 15 qb who in the right circumstance can play up to a top 10 level depending on the talent around him. The hope is this new regime is special and will actually put a football team on the field that can compete with anyone and not have to depend on a singular talent for anything positive. I like the idea of this team in the next 2-3 years more than any team Stafford ran because of the regime. This is one of the least talented rosters in the NFL. If money is involved you have a better chance of winning a bet on Stafford winning the MVP then you do the Lions flirting with .500 this year and that’s okay.

2 Likes

If Rodgers gets shipped out the NFCN might be the worst division in football next year.

I also think the ‘21 Lions roster is shaping up to be a bit better then the ‘20 NYG especially when you factor in no Barkley.

That being said 6 wins +- 1 is where I’m at post draft.

1 Like

It could struggle for sure but I doubt if it becomes one of the all time worst divisions like the NFC east was last year. I expect the Vikings at least to be good again (over .500 for sure) and if the Bears could make the playoffs last year with their travesty at QB, I could see them doing it again.

Goff is the better QB on a good team. He’s smart and accurate. Stafford is more likely to carry a team as Goff is a complete statue. LA might be slightly better off with Stafford due to how poor their o-line play may or may not be. Stafford isn’t exactly a dual threat QB though. It’s not our fault we fleeced LA. Stafford winning the MVP is about as likely as Goff.

I totally agree that it won’t be as bad as last year’s NFCE. I do think if Rodgers was shipped out it could be worse than this year’s NFCE though.

I doubt Rodgers plays elsewhere anyhow. Should be interesting though.

3-5 wins seems realistic

As much as I would like to say “captain obvious,” there are people who believe the opposite from the depth of their soul. LOL.

2 Likes

@GBP-L
vs GBP-L
@-MN-L
vs -MN- W
@CHB-L
vs CHB-W

In division 2-4, and that is the ceiling.

@RAMS-L
@SEA-L
vs SF-L
vs-ARZ-W

That could be optimistic.

@CLV-L
@PIT-L
vs BLT -L
vs-CIN-W

@DEN-W
@ATL-L

Yep we play 9 road games this time. Lose 8.

That 5-12. Could they pop a game in there? Sure.
Two? Eeeehhhhhh…that’s really hard to see AND win the others w/o flaking a game against a winnable opponent

1 Like

Rodgers situation impacts my prediction.

I’ve got a floor of 4…with a ceiling of 8
I see 6 as the place to set the over/under from.

Some FA moves could change my mind too. If we had the right back for it (not gonna mention any names here), the OL could win an extra game or two for us.

Let us see who we land in FA, and if we go all bandaid/buld through draft, or truly sign a 'real" Fa deal with someone meaningful.

1 Like

Rodgers will be back in GB. If they were trading him, they would have done it by now. If Fields plays in Chicago, they will be worse. Fields is use to having his WRs open by 2 or 3 yards. He has shown no ability to throw people open that I’ve seen. I would call him a developmental QB.

1 Like

I’m not sure that a sweep of the Bears is out of the question. And if Rodgers gets shipped out a Jordan Love led team with a defense coordinated by Joe Barry would likely be quite bad.

I could see that too. I’m still thinking it’s a little too early to tell, because of FA/Jeapordy.

If Vaitai plays well at Guard and the secondary comes along I think we’ll suprise. Not to an extent that we contend but six or so wins with mostly close games against what appears to be a difficult schedule.

I think AZ has to come to Ford Field for that to be a win.

I think we can beat Atlanta though. And then of course what happens with QB injuries. But short of that you’re probably right. 5 wins +- 1 is probably the most reasonable expectation.

Kind of a pointless question here.

So my going game by game and pronouncing a score with brief commentary does what?

There will be 2-3 new dumpster fire surprise teams this year for sure.

I expect

1. Houston - Watson will be done over this.

2. Jets- I don’t like Wilson or rookie QBs.

3. Bengals- Burrow has no line and no D, still hurt

4. Eagles- their entire roster is still holes

5. Giants- no line, Jones is awful

6. Broncos- look at QB

7. Raiders- no signs of progress at all

8. 49ers- overrated team that can’t stay healthy

9. Bears- their D is aging, no OL

10. Steelers- losses on D, losses OL, Ben is old

11. Panthers- Darnold is Darnold til otherwise

12. Falcons- nothing outside “toys”

I would take our roster over any of those.

As Natty said- we are ready for a fight in my opinion. Many teams aren’t. Vikes and Bears seem like road to nowhere type teams like Caldwell Lions.

With half the teams in the league moving toward light, fast, DB heavy depth charts, I like our chances of the big strong and angry OL and TEs bulldozing.

You willl see when it happens.

We are a legit WR1, a stud LB, and a solid safety away from basically being hole- free.

I bet we sign or trade for one before season.

Then we have 4 firsts to fill the other 2, get a stud DE and a top cB next 2 years

I doubt it. He’s now put himself out there to impress his girl. He’s arrogant beyond belief and doesn’t need money.

The Packers would be wise to trade him for 2 firsts and a 2nd now. Otherwise he plays ir sits this year in a locker room poisoning shit show, but at this point he likely can’t win a title in GB, so why would they let him set them back and embarrass them for 1-2 more nfc playoff exists.

They will suck without him because Love will suck.

The team that is dumb enough to trade for him will suck too. Giving up 2-3 years of resources for a 37 year old 40M QB isn’t wise.

There are 4-5 rosters in the NFL as good as GB and he’s not winning rings there.

You would take our roster over the 49ers?

4 Likes

That’s not even close to accurate. Again, love the enthusiasm but you are going to be really disappointed when we get a top 5 pick next year. Love the direction of the team, regime, coaching and the draft…but no, we are not 3 players away. Go listen to the insiders, the talking heads, people who are around the lions…no one is saying what you just said…and hole free is a lot different then being talented. We are not talented enough to win 7 minimum next year.

1 Like