I say Lions will beat the Vikes

Oh I remember that well, and they sure are quiet when I bring it up nowadays. :joy:

We’re like 30th in rushing. This group is no different than groups from the past, though Swift looks like he could be special.

ummmm…ahhh…oooo…NO!

Knowing our luck lion’s probably win.

Over the last 10 years at various times I heard that we had the best Dline, an unstoppable offense, the hardest hitting linebackers in the NFL, the best WR corp, and who knows what else.
Everyone of them have been wrong.

Hardest hitting LBers?

Who the hell said that… Our LBers have sucked for a very long time.

3 Likes

I remember the first year with Ernie Sims someone said something like that.

I remember posters calling Tahir Whitehead a solid NFL starter. :flushed::rofl:

1 Like

What’s your view on the running back room now? I’m not calling you out, just wondering what your take is after watching them.

Do you think it’s the offensive play-calling or the talent? Because production-wise, they are one of the three worst groups in the league.

He is, he’s started almost every game for 2 other teams since leaving Detroit.

I’m sorry, I should have left the word starter out, as I was ridiculing the “solid” part. Lol

I consider him a below-average starter, but what do I know. :man_shrugging:t3:

He’s better than Christian Jones :joy: but that bar is low

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:

I think Swift is a stud in the making and behind a better OL he’d be viewed as such. But I do feel he has areas to work on.

I think AP is still a serviceable work horse but should not be viewed as a lead back. I think he
Is more of a roll player type and should be used as such. Personally I’d move on mainly because of his poor pass blocking and age. Time to get younger here.

Kerryon has clearly taken a step back. I had hopes he’d return to form but it appears his NFL days are numbered. I’d keep him around one more season as a 3rd down back. He’s clearly our best pass protector and is still relatively cheap but we need an upgrade here.

All in all our run game was very disappointing this year. It took a step back from last year. Ranking 21st last year and 30th this year.

Some of that is due to OL play. I think our OL play declined. Especially in run blocking. Part of that can be blamed on injuries but our right side of our OL was pretty bad.

Bottom line is I think the Lions need to look to the NFL draft and FA this offseason. We need a power back for short yardage and goal line situations and I’d like to see us add a speedy type who is a good receiver. Someone who can eventually take over for Kerryon in the 3rd down back role.

2 Likes

Vikes 44 - Lions 13… and get this season over with asap.

1 Like

Start blough start JRM start sternberg start JOK

Use this as a “preseason game”

2 Likes

I’d liked to see Stenberg and JRM getting some playing time.

1 Like

35 - 10 vikings

I would love to start at QB. My arm is right in the zone with Chase or Blough!

2 Likes

Of course he has an interception the day we pick on him :joy:

Remember how Derrick Henry lit us up? Dalvin Cook will do more.