I think we beat the Bears on TDay

We don’t get pressure even when we blitz. I can’t think of a worse FA signing than Trey Flowers. Dude wins the Bernie Madoff award.

Are you sure? We’ve had some doozies!

We have had some bad signings but Flowers & Damien Woodey are 2 guys I can think of that were high priced guys who were total flops. Rick Wagner & TJ Lang are honorable mentions.

1 Like

Scott Mitchell is one that will always stick out in my memory. Though he wasn’t exactly high-priced and he was a back-up in Miami.

1 Like

I was SO geeked when we signed Mitchell.

Worst outside guy we’ve brought in is Swilling for my money. I realize that was a trade, but still.

1 Like

Yeah, don’t think Jalen Hurts is the answer

Haha!
Yup - it’s worse because he plays QB, for sure.

Pat Swilling (example of a a high-priced free agent who robbed the team once signed)

1 Like

I’m old enough to remember Az Hakim and Bill Schoeder :nauseated_face: :nauseated_face:

The last time our WR room was this bad probably.

3 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing. We can beat the eagles. They aren’t a very talented roster either.

I would quite put Lang in there. He did make a pro bowl playing for us. Unfortunately his body just couldn’t hold up. He did play at a high level when he did play though.

1 Like

Wasn’t he traded with Saints receiving #1 pick that turned into Willie Roaf?

1 Like

The 2011 lions could have been a lot better if they’d started the rookie cap earlier. We would have had suh, Johnson and stafford on rookie deals. They would have had a ton of extra cap space to build a more complete roster.

4 Likes

And their coaching staff is a shit show, and are losing the locker room.

1 Like

Good. The more chaos the better for us. At least we know our team won’t quit.

1 Like

I put TJ Lang at the top of bad FA signings. That dude came here and basically took a dive and played next to no games until he retired with a bunch of Lions cash in his bank account

1 Like

Ouch!

Ouch, especially on Schroeder.

Horrible luck, for sure. I’ve talked about that before.

Excellent choices, men! I still am going with whoever it was that voted for Mitchell…OMG he was awful.

I wouldn’t go that far but yes, the next two are very winnable…

I think we can also beat the Broncos and falcons. The Broncos are riddled with injuries and the falcons just aren’t very good.

3 Likes

But if you keep teams on edge it also opens up other things… and it doesn’t mean at a totally unexpected time, say a 4th and 9, you don’t run the same thing. They gained plenty of yards on those fakes.

I don’t think he blew his wad. He did what needed to be done and setting teams up to game plan for those things may be beneficial down the road.

2 Likes