I want to play a game

With draft season coming up I’d like to propose a game for those interested in playing that I think will be fun. Can you out draft me? The game will be centered on the draft. Not just the Lions draft, but the full draft. For 2 rounds. Then a Lions focus.

The game.

Round 1:

Pick each player drafted in order in the first round. You would be picking the pick and the player, not the team. For instance - pick 1 you might pick Bryce Young. Pick 2 you might pick Will Anderson. This means that whether Chicago picks Young, or trades out and someone else takes Young, you are picking the order of the players.

Each correct player drafted will result in 5 points. If player is taken within 1 draft position you get 2 points. So if you pick Young at 1, and goes 1 you get 5 points. Pick him and he goes 2 you get 2 points. He goes 3 or later you get 0. Conversely if you pick him to go 5 and he goes 4 you still get 2 points.

Picking the right Lions player nets a bonus 3 points.

Round 2:

Same rules as the first however expanded point option. 2nd round is harder to call correct.

Correct will be 5 points. +/- 1 draft spot will be 3 points, +/- 2 draft spots will be 2 points.

Same bonus for Lions picks. 3 bonus points (on top of the 5).

Rounds 3-7: Picking the right Lions players are worth 8 points. This is not specific to round. For instance if you pick Isiah McGuire for Detroit in the 3rd and Lions take him in the 4th, you still get the points.

In the unlikely event of a tie, a tie breaker will be decided by first Lions points, then if still tied by number of correct points. If still tied, coin flip.

No game is much fun without a prize - so prize will be a jersey (up to $150) of your choice from nflshop.com. Prize selections are limited to Lions jerseys cause I will never spend my money on another teams jersey. Contest is limited to Lions fans. Shipping probably to US only unless nflshop ships internationally within reason or you want to pay for shipping somehow but I don’t even know how that would work.

To keep things fair, honest and above board there will be submission requirements. All submissions will be made in a spreadsheet or similar so that you choices are clear. Also easy for me to paste into a google sheet.

Submissions must be made and include your forum name between April 16 and 21st. Later than the 21st I can’t take. This will allow me to compile the data into a public sheet for everyone to review by April 24th. By April 24th I will publish all picks and everyone can make sure I didn’t screw up anything on their end. Same sheet will be used for scoring.

If there are any gaps or things I haven’t thought of that should be addressed rules could change or be updated.

Also to ensure no one enters multiple times, no new accounts can enter. Your account must have existed before 3/3/23.

If interested, post here. Going to limit to 35 players mostly because it will be too much for me to score otherwise I think.

3/20 Updates:

For those looking to play I set up an email for the game. [email protected]
Email your selections prior to April 21st.

1 Like

The last time I fell for this the world almost ended.

8 Likes

If I knew how to post pictures I was gonna have Billy the Puppet from Saw.

Yeah and that said, I will be playing the game. I love this sort of stuff. @Air2theThrown will post a Den version of this about a week before the draft, but there’s nothing wrong with more than one, and that one’s only for bragging rights (which, ahem, I won in 2021).

3 Likes

Thats cool, I didn’t know there was another one. I look forward to winning both.

2 Likes

Comedy Central Yes GIF by Drunk History

2 Likes

If you message me or the mod team we can lock the entries at the end of the contest to ensure fair play.

1 Like

That would be awesome. Thanks for that.

New info added to OP.

giphy (4)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.