I will take more kneecaps and grit

This slappy has 50 years of Lions ineptitude. I guess I’m a slappy because I’m always hopeful as opposed to some that seem to get satisfaction from being “right” when the Lions lose.

6 Likes

There’s times when you do, but not the first drive on your own 45. And he did go for it 6 times in one game and I believe it was a record. On top of it I think he failed all 6 times. Not positive on that but pretty sure.

Yes he went for it 6 times and did miss on all 6, which is a record. I’ll take aggressiveness, even to excess, rather than the play not to lose that we’ve seen for 50 years.

1 Like

No no no….

Players bailing coaches out is NOT sustainable. The players won this in spite of the coaches and that is just an awful, awful setup.

So when the Lions lose it’s the coaches fault and when they win, it’s in spite of the coaches? Can’t have it both ways.

I like agressive, but there is also too agressive to we’re it cost you. My one hope for these guys is there first timers and can learn and get better.

My hope is once he has a team with comparable talent as our competition he won’t have to be as aggressive as he’s been. That’s why I’ve given him a break on it so far.

2 Likes

Nope…that’s nonsense. No none looked more surprised at the pivotal pick 6 than AG.

We are losing some of those beans. Rams may have a worse record then us though

Lions have won ALL their games against < .500 teams
No?

The start of this year was an unexpected gauntlet

Lions should have beat the Vikings
Vikings just beat the Bills

I’m thinking the Lions will be competitive for the rest of the season. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah cuz that 3rd an 8 lazer to Kennedy didn’t win the game, “weak ass arm”

3 Likes

If the OP was in the in-game thread, they would have realized everyone wanted a win today.

Dan Campbell of 4 weeks ago would have totally blown this game. The people I was watching the game with (not Lions’ fans) were confused about how excited I was for field goals and punts.

7 Likes

I don’t.

Huh? Let’s get healthy and hit the damn gas!
Right? 11-6 is still possible (however unlikely). It could happen, until proven otherwise.
You will never hear me root for a loss, or a losing record.
Talk about effing “Lionized”? It’s the middle of the season and we’re on a winning streak! With a cast of misfits and Stars.
I don’t understand.

2 Likes

I really don’t. We’ve been in all but two games.
We had a #1 scoring offense at one point.
Now, the defense is winning games for a wounded Offense.
How can you not love that?
When we get JRey and Rodrigo back, this team is a WC contender, as is.
If our Ace is really an Ace, and can come out on fire, anything can happen!
If we can just some how win the next game.
How can we beat the Giants?

1 Like

I didn’t say Goff can’t throw eight to twelve yard fast. “weak arm” = deep , much if at all. unless he’s pissed.

Slightly revisionist. He was leading the league in deep ball passes when he had receivers capable of getting downfield.

2 Likes

dropping the football isn’t some new thing The Lion’s receivers do. We once lead The league in it for two back to back seasons. shrug.

Early on, deep passes were a point of emphasis for Johnson and Goff. Then the injuries started piling up.
At one point, our top 5 receivers could get down field. Then, we were down to 2, and one of them was a playing injured St. Brown, when he played.
A couple games, Raymond was the only receiver capable.
That’s when you see scheming changes.

1 Like