Identity: ROAD GRADE FOR GOFF: BUILD D

Here it is:

Draft:
Parsons in 1st
JWill in the 2nd

Defense the rest of the way.mabe a wr late. Especially if we cam trade down to get Parson.

Swift, JWilliams, J Williams… Run the ball, Run the ball t protect Goff.

Build the Team first. Then worry about QB later.

My main, main point is this… 2 solid draft years. Then spend for free agency. 3 draft year should be final pieces.

This is a Marathon not a sprint.

I will be shocked if we draft a QB or WR with #7.

Along the same lines, trade back and go OL.

Count me out on drafting any RB this year unless its super late. RB is probably our strongest position on the team. We have a clear 1, 2, and 3 (Swift, J Will, KJ). RB’s are not very valuable and we shouldn’t be sinking another high draft pick into one. Build the OL if you want to help the running game. Don’t draft more RB’s.

4 Likes

Yes!!! Parsons should be the pick rd 1 no brainer.if we can pick up a 3rd rndr and move back with Denver home run

You have a lot more faith in KJ than I do.

I"m all for that too. Love the idea.

#3 RB in round 2. No way. Parsons? Not my preference but sure. If we take him then we’re comfortable with his character and that’s good enough for me. He’s a 2-3 times a decade athletic talent at LBer.

He was a serviceable RB3 last year and will be this year. I’m not calling him Alvin Kamara. He doesn’t need to be replaced with a high draft pick is all I’m saying.

Good point on RB #3 in the second. I would argue he would be our Nick Chubb/ K Hunt swift combo. In 3 years.

If we get an extra 2nd round pick then JWill for sure…

Pipe dream senario.

1 Like

I would be very happy with him in that role, if he was healthy. I just dont’ trust his health.

It’s one of the 2 things I’ve been wanting for a long time - 2 great RBs & a monster DT.

I always use the comparison of when Eli’s Giants had Bradshaw and Jacobs. Loved watching those dudes go to work.

Lions could have the same, with J-Will and Swift. Nasty, nasty stuff.

Then teams stack the box against the run because they know the Lions have a bottom-5 wr corps.

1 Like

We WANT them to stack the box. We have 2 speed guys now, and while they may not be world class, you have to honor their speed, or you pay. Couple that with Waddle, (or someone like him), Hoch, and heavy use of the screen game.

They’d better be mindful of how much heat they can bring, because we have enough speed to make them pay. Swift is gonna be used in the passing game a ton.

4th round pick (Jacobs) and a 7th round pick (Bradshaw). I’m all for it too at that cost.

If we draft Williams we’ll have 3 guys WE drafted in the 2nd round. That’s insane capital on one position, especially one that’s so low value. I doubt if anyone has ever spent so much on a RB corps.

I really like Williams, but no way would I draft him.

2 Likes

There is no way the Lions will either. If someone like Gainwell slid into day three that might be possible.

Or maybe someone like Rodgers or Felton in a hybrid role.

WOW - that was eye-opening for me.
Love it!
The more I see, the more I think KJ was a bad pick.
Even when he was effective, his draft status was highly questionable.
Look at the difference between him (even his healthiest versos) and swift. Ouch!

I haven’t studied this class of RBs as much as I usually do, I always thought it was a longshot we would take one, and that became especially true once we signed Williams.

That said if Chris Evans lasts until the later rounds, I think he’d be worth a flyer. The guy’s got everything you want physically he just had a star-crossed career. For me those are the sort of guys you take a chance on.

Another guy I think I might like a lot is Elijah Dotson, a RB out of Sacramento State. He looks electric on tape and is a great pass catcher as well. He utterly dominated his competition too which is what you would expect. I wish I could find more actual game footage but I’m not gonna bend over backwards for it in a draft where we probably won’t take a RB. But Dotson has the sort of high-stepping stride that reminds me of Walter Payton.

I’m not familiar with Dotson. I think that if we do draft a RB he’ll be a talented receiver.

He’s interesting for sure. I kind of get a Chase Edmonds vibe from him. Would be a nice UDFA pickup.

Yeah, that’s a pretty good comp from what I can tell. Hard to get a grasp of his size but he doesn’t look like the biggest guy in the world. Then again neither is Edmonds. Anyway as a late round or UDFA, why not? Those are the sort of RB picks I like to make (if only we’d drafted James Robinson).

I’m not taking him in the 5th though so it’s UDFA or bust unless we trade for some late day 3 picks.