If Aidan goes number one

We traded down one spot in the 1st and got a 2nd… drafted safety bennie blades in 1st and with the 2nd…. Chris speilman

1 Like

Yes. Kellen Winslow Jr. for Roy. Or was you post a rhetorical question?

1 Like

Wow I totally forgot about that draft trade. I was still early into really learning football at that point. I was a casual observer during the Barry years. Didn’t really start learning the ins and outs until the mid 2000s and the NCAA games.

Not rhetorical. I was struggling to remember when we moved down 1 spot with Cleveland.

Wow. That important bit of Lions history has somehow either never entered or leaked out of the ole noggin.

I have no issue with Hamilton simply bc I think he’s going to be a stud

I think it was the kc chiefs

1 Like

Neil Smith for Bennie Blades and Chris Spielman

Would have to say we lost that one.

1 Like

Great examples Storm of why no one is trading up for the Lions number 2 pick.

What a bust Trent Richardson was. So much hype.

Only a loss if lions would have drafted smith. Knowing the lions they would have picked some loser

1 Like

The guy that has zero chance of being a turd.

Hutch is a great player. Probably a better fit for what the Lions are building. I am leaning towards Hutch as well. I’m just not so sure their is as big a talent discrepancy as some are saying between the 2. Thibodeaux has the higher ceiling, but comes with a lot more question marks.

I keep hearing Tibbs “has the higher ceiling.” I don’t know if that is true. I think right now Hutch can play on the interior in the NFL in sub packages like Flowers does. Tibbs will struggle with that and IMO that won’t change. Hutch is stouter against the run to set the edge and that won’t change. Although Tibbs for his size is pretty good against the run in his own right. Though they are different in how they get to the QB and Hutch is the stiffer player, that’s where the higher ceiling seems to come in. But Hutch had a higher pressure rate than Chase Young put up and is by far the more consistent effort player. Attaining the higher ceiling means Tibbs will have to go from taking a lot of plays off, to just not doing that. I’m one who just does not believe that happens. Those guys become Clowney. Hutch becomes Bosa (pick one) or TJ Watt.

If Hutch goes one, trade down and take Hamilton.

5 Likes

If Hutch is gone at 1 and management who know a hell of a lot more than me LOL feel it’s better to move down and get Hamilton, I will be ecstatic. He looks amazing. I think most of us just had our hearts set on an Edge Rusher from the beginning of the season, I know I have. I’ve felt that has been our biggest weakness for probably 3 + seasons. I’m not a scout, I’m from Toronto so I’ve never even had a chance to play football. I am just going off of scouting reports, games and highlights. Hutch is definitely my favourite for the lions at #2 though. Looking forward to seeing the combine to get a better look at these 2 beasts.

Does the Bears trading a buttload of draft capital to move from #3 to#2 count, when they took Trubisky? Let’s be honest, he isn’t a QB

1 Like

I LOVE Kyle Hamilton as a prospect. I think he’s the next great NFL safety. I’ve been talking positively about him all season here.

And I’d STILL take Thibodeaux at #2. The ceiling on that guy is crazy high, and a DE has an exponentially greater effect on a defense than a safety.

I’ll just say this: I’ve heard so many Dan Campbell fans say all year that he’s a great coach because he motivates his players to play for him. All of a sudden, these same people are acting like Thibodeaux won’t be motivated to play for this franchise.

Sorry–you can’t play both sides here.

3 Likes

Part of that is bringing in people that you feel will respond to your type of coaching.

4 Likes

you absolutely can play both sides. No one can make someone do something if they do not want to or dont have the desire or are mentally fkd up. 2 Words Antonio Brown. Bottom line Thibs has some major flags raised that need to be extremely addressed in the pre draft process for the lions. Im all for Hamilton and trading back up for Lloyd if they could make it happen

1 Like

Here’s what I believe…

There’s going to be several first round QB’s taken by teams in desperate need of an immediate starter. Now, if you’re a team in this position, and its YOUR nuts on the chopping block, your going to want the pick of the litter, not what happens to be left by the time you draft.

The QB hype machine is a Fantastic opportunity for the Lions to move down. What did the 49ers give up to move to #3? Teams need to make a splash, and the Lions have the Golden Ticket. If they can move down and get Hamilton, and have three first round picks next year, plus more this year, that’s a pretty good team building deal.

1 Like

We need the new regime for the Giants to really, really hate Daniel Jones.

2 back to 5 should still net us Hamilton plus a 2nd and a 4th or thereabouts.

3 Likes