If for some reason Campbell is not the coach in 2022, who is?

It’s Dan Campbell. He is the head coach next year. Why do you think he signed a 6 year deal? Do you actually think Ownership and the FO thought this team would be winning games year one of a complete rebuild after the last regime’s botched tenure AND just trading away the franchise qb? Deep breaths people…

1 Like

ROW THE EMMM EFFING BOAT!!!

WOOOOOO!!!

I read somewhere that the contract has an out in it for the Lions if things are a total shit show.

But can’t seem to find it now. So I have no idea how accurate that really is.

Does he get fired if they are a shitshow in year 3? Sure. But there isn’t an out. They will be on the hook for his what, 3 million a year, for the next 6 years.

What I read is that if the Lions are a shit show in year one there’s an out for the Lions to terminate the remainder of the contract. Free and clear

In year two if he fails to meet expectations they can terminate but be on the hook for 50% of the remaining contract.

In year 3 and beyond their on the hook for 100%

I may have the numbers wrong but I read something to that effect somewhere. But can’t seem to find it now.

Maybe someone else can chime in.

Is 3 years like your set guide line for coaches or something, did you stick with Patricia for the full 3 Years too ? How about Marnelli he was another 3 years ?

If Dan’ gets 3 years of this, then there is truly something wrong. It didn’t take 3 years to see Marnelli’s pick wasn’t Sharpe enough and some figured it out year 1 same with Patricia. Maybe you should ask your self were you was on these guys before judge others on Dan.

Wayne Fontes

1 Like

Yeah that whole knee bite gimmick made Dan 18 million and he doesn’t have to win a thing

I’d kill for cocaine Wayne right now

Tell them the “ big buck “ sent ya.

The Fords have made a bunch of mediocre football minds multimillionaires.

John Madden, because building a team is as easy as doing it in a video game. You just cut players, erase the salary cap mess and add in any guys you want, because teams give you anything you want for next to nothing. Then just cheat the crappy draft AI and Superbowl here we come!

I was for giving Matt his third year. Marinelli never got close enough to a third year for me to think about it.

They gave DC six years and a total rebuild to deal with. Three years is warranted IMO.

That’s the key, your opinion. And others have there’s. Seems the others have it. Patricia was bad from day one from his philosophy to his demeanor a blind man could see that coming. Seems you were alittle slow on that one maybe you should be more open minded this time around. :man_shrugging:

And for the record Marnelli was here for 3 years started in 2006 and was fired after the 2008 winless season

1 Like

GET SOME!

Thanks for keeping it…100

Faze Up Lets Go GIF by FaZe Clan

I’m not sure that I ever stated that it was anything other than a matter of opinion. Guess I misremembered on Marinelli. I was thinking the decent 7-9 team was year 1 of his regime. Must have been year 2.

All of that just reinforces the likelihood that DC will get at least three years here.

1 Like

Lol - I read the title and figured someone was simply manipulating the other threads about “fire Dan NOW” Dan Sucks!!! Etc….

Yeppers

Come folks is this it?!

I’ll play just abit…. Again, as this has already be done…… like all freaking year

Nope……

I don’t honestly give a shit if we go winless…. I would love to win out but I have NO CONTROL!!! And none you all do either brothers and sister so why slice you own throat repetitively?!

I only care if we win or lose against Minny and we continue to play hard

This year is over…. In fact, we can become the only team fully eliminated from the playoffs this weekend!

AO said it best in his last interview: no one cares about the record, we come back to work this week and get ready to play Minny for a win…

I mean what was yesterday?

Thanks!!! Giving not lions sucks and I’m taking

I awoke today alive! I can walk and breath with two full lungs!

I awoke in a safe place with heat water and fucking food in the fridge - well too much food :crazy_face:

I’m with loved ones who care about me.

The sky is blue and beautiful

And I come here and man folks you all need some LOVE!!

So

If no one’s told you, and I mean it, I love each and everyone of you beautiful people!

Now go enjoy the day!!

Everyone is in Lions Time Out for 24 hrs!!

I was just thinking about how there is talk about the 6 years the Lions gave DC… and what is guaranteed or not.

And I realized… they could fire DC after 1 year… pay him $18 million… and still sign a new coach to a 7 year, $49 million deal @ $7 mill per year… and still spend less over 8 years than the $68.5 million they supposedly offered Matt Campbell. :astonished:

1 Like

Geez dude take another prozac , I mean you act like everyone but you is unhappy with life because they call out a really bad football team. The difference is just what you said " you don’t care" so why care about how people feel about a bad team ,pop another happy pill, sing your don’t worry be happy song. And enjoy loosing every week. But stop telling everyone what they need to do to be happy.

You can take the sunshine and rainbows and put were the sun don’t shine. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actually it did take 3 years with Rod.