If the Lions make the playoffs

They would have a punchers chance of making it to the SB. With the way the NFC is set up I believe if Detroit (or Green Bay) would have a legitimate shot at winning the NFC:

1. Eagles. They are a very good team( and have benefited from a very easy schedule) but do have flaws. They can be pushed around on defense and get abused in the run game. Hurts has not shown that he can handle the speed of playoffs. Just like Lamar the one playoff game Hurts played he looked completely overwhelmed.

2. Minnesota Vikings. Winning close games… which they are trying to do. O Connell said at beginning of season that they are going to win in the small margins of the game and that’s exactly what they’re doing. Is it sustainable? They have major flaws on defense, not a great o line and a rookie head coach.

3. San Fran.Was my pick to win NFC. Now they are starting a 7th round rookie QB. Can he get the job done ? Huge unknown. Has everything you want but relying on Purdy.

4. Tampa. Can only throw short passes. Bowles and Leftwich are both terrible coaches. Team is old and slow. No chance of winning.

5. Dallas. A very good team so far this year but do have flaws. Dak has not looked the best plus their HC is Mike McCarthy. Dallas can implode at any point just like they did in Green Bay and their pass catchers are not super dangerous.

Washington, Giants and Seattle are all trash. Show me the unbeatable team? I can’t remember the NFC being this weak. The Lions had no chance of winning anything in 2011 playoffs or 2016. I think all the fans knew it… but man the way the NFC sets up, and the Lions head into the playoffs hot they can continue that run. If it’s Detroit or Green Bay in the 7 seed either team can go the distance. Green Bay is not great, but they are playing better, have the back2back MVP, and have played a brutal schedule.

That would be the greatest NFL season story in history

2 Likes

This is the kind of thread where the OP is snorting blue Koolaide in powder form, waiting until it passes through his body then injecting the waste material directly into his temple.

Please snort and inject responsibly. If you suspect you have a problem please call 1-800-Blu-Kaid

3 Likes

The other jungle cats went 10-7 in 2021 and made it to the Super Boel.

Have to beat playoff team Vikings at home and playoff contender Jets on the road. Neither game is going to be easy.

1 Like

The Lions can go toe to toe with any team in the NFC

The Eagles shored this one up quite a bit since they added Suh and Linval Joseph. Derrick Henry didn’t go anywhere against them. And they’ve got Jordan Davis coming back at some point too.

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.