If the Lions win the Super Bowl

Yea, I am excited about this team but I am having a hard time making that leap until we at least clinch a playoff spot…if we in fact do clinch a playoff spot

I am too. I really like the direction Quinn and Patricia have this team headed.
Super Bowl has just been so far away for so long, I will wait for the playoffs too, if we get there. I think we have a good chance.

I was at the Chargers game when we just manhandled them from start to finish. Most complete game I have seen from the Lions in at least two decades and it meant we had come back from 0-16 to a playoff team in two years.

Yea…I was there when the team took a victory lap around the field high fiving fans in the fron row. I got emotional.

Schwartz was THE KING at that moment. I had the Schwartz Victory Punch Out photo as my avatar.
I really thought he would take us to the promised land.

Then they came out the next year too full of themselves from reading the press clippings (CJ and Matt on the cover of SI) and shit the bed 4-12 and came back with 7-9 and the team was out of control on the field…just like their HC.

By the end, Schwartz had gone from The King to me not liking him as a HC and I was glad when they fired him.

1 Like

I think I’d be more happy for Stafford than anyone and thankful for Patricia and his way.

I’d cross off the only thing on my bucket list and hopefully never stress about a game again!

1 Like

man tears?

I’ll change my screen name to Vermeil.

1 Like

Man tears… ill shed man tears when we win a playoff game. If we win the Super Bowl, ill cry like a bitch. And ill be doing it from Michigan. Ive already swore, if the Lions make it to the Super Bowl, im driving to Michigan for the game. Theres no way ill miss that party

2 Likes

I don’t even know, it’s nothing I’ve even thought about before. Kind of like asking what I’d do the first time I meet an alien!!!..seems both are about as probable as the other, I hope for both though.

2 Likes

I shed man tears for sex once… im not gonna lie. I aint scared. She was though, she said no

2 Likes

:laughing: whole story please

I equate it to hockey. The competition was so stinking high in those 97, 98 years. Mistake-free hockey is what it took to win. Capitalize on your opponent’s mistake because you’re lucky if they commit one.

When each move is so ridiculously important, you really REALLY develop an appreciation for players you can trust. You develop an appreciation for the players that can test the opponent’s mettle.

Game 7 and you’ve just committed a penalty late in the 3rd. Your heart sinks. You’ve been on the edge of your seat all this time and this is the way it’s going to end? Then you see Malts, Stevie, Nick and Vladdy out there and you rest easy.

Then, when it’s all over and the guys are lifting the cup, and it’s their turn to hoist it… you remember those moments they held up under immense pressure. You remember those moments through the season and post-season when you literally and genuinely appreciated their ability because it’s all that kept you from going into cardiac arrest. Then you see them receive their reward and it’s like you’re right there with them.

I’ve already sworn that no matter where, when or how much it costs… I WILL be at the game if the Lions make the super bowl

1 Like

You’re a curious one, aren’t you? :wink:

I’d cry at the cost of Super Bowl tickets then have a heart attack in the stands when Stafford leads the team (from two TD’s down) with 2:39 remaining on the clock for the win.

1 Like

I just thank God we aren’t as bad as the Bengals. They look horrendous tonight against the Steelers. So happy that those days are in the past.

Just for clarification, not the anal probing aliens though.

The 0-3 Steelers that don’t have Big Ben, AB or Bell…I mean this Steelers team is a shadow themselves and they are destroying the Bengals.

After watching this I kind of think the Bengals not Maimi are the team to be on 0-16 Watch

If the Lions got to the Super Bowl and were leading by 2 touchdowns in the 4th with 2 minutes left, this would be the moment that an Earth killing meteor crashes into earth, probably on top of whatever stadium they’re playing in and wipe out all of mankind.

The ultimate ref screwjob.

1 Like

LOL - This is hilarious. Thanks for the laugh. More likely, nature corrects itself, the tide turns our direction, and we evolve into some sort of team like the Steelers that competes for 2 decades (provided Patricia’s health holds up). Law of averages is on our side boys! This is not reason for worry, it’s a reason to celebrate!

Our day in the sun will be long and glorious! Go get 'em Quinn/Patricia!

1 Like

Wonder if the City of Detroit would grease the light poles like they did in Philly

Hell ya There would be some “man tears” after all these years of mockery and bashing and futility…I would be one bipolar sob between extreme excitement and enthusiasm (beasting) and man tears.