If we beat Kansas City, what happens?

Because theoreticals are fun and you all love it …

But the more I think about it, has there been a more consequential game in recent memory in terms of the stock it’d give Detroit? If we lose, or even get our ass kicked, I think few would be surprised because KC is a machine. But … what if we win? What does Monday look like for us?

1 Like

Would be a credibility game for sure but I think the bigger win would be against the Pack. We get both and Martha may throw a parade and hang a banner

Alot of tv shows debating if we are legit or not. National recognition

Monday would look like a massive hangover for me!

2 Likes

Matt Patricia has a really good defensive mind. I think he is one of the few that could create a game plan to be able to contain Mahomes and that offense. We also get home field advantage, which helps a little.

As far as the offense…we will see.

I do think we have a shot if all goes well.

2 Likes

There’s already been talk about this going on. I’ve heard it on DP and Rich Eisen’s show. If we beat KC, it makes us a contender and the bandwagon will start filling up. We go undefeated into the bye week? Lord help us, the optimism will be too much to bear.

About the same level of deafening silent coverage and credit as when we beat NE last year…

3 Likes

If we beat Kansas City, what happens next I believe depends on how we beat them. But overall, if we win, I think we go into the bye week reading our own press clippings and then come back against Green Bay and lay an egg.

I know its weird to say, but I hope the press does what it normally does and steals part of our thunder. For instance if Mahomes plays well but the Chiefs still lose, they might blame the Chiefs bad defense for the loss…not the Lions stepping up on offense and winning a shootout with Mahomes. But if Mahomes plays poorly and we “shut down” the Chiefs offense…we’ll most likely get the “Mahomes just had an off day. It was his first dome experience. Blah, blah, blah.” I think any of those things are good for our team to keep them focused. Worst case scenario would be for the media machine to jump onto the bandwagon and proclaim the Lions “for real” and start giving us the Cleveland Browns preseason hype.

2 Likes

The Lions have a bye the next week to prepare for the Monday night tilt at Green Bay.

2 Likes

Us as in fans? We’ll go nuts for 2 straight weeks thanks to the bye
Us as in the team? They’ll be working on resting, getting healthy and game plans for Green Bay (on to the Packers)

What will Antonio Brown be doing?

3 Likes

We will win the Superbowl, obviously.

1 Like

If the Lions beat the Chiefs we pull out …
Another One Bites The Dust!!!
:crazy_face:

3 Likes

I was bussing tables in 1980 on midnights, and had a pretty good bar crowd of regulars. This one regular hottie was dancing on a booth seat and as I walked by she grabbed my head and shoved my face into her boobs and started singing, “another one bites the bust”.
I don’t think of football when I hear that song. Mostly, why the hell didn’t I tap that. Dumb ass! Dumb ass! Dumb ass!

3 Likes

What if… since we’re in the hypothetical world… this is a SUPERBOWL PREVIEW

If we go through the KC-Green Bay-Minnesota gauntlet 2-1? I’ll be on the playoffs bandwagon.

2 Likes

I’ll be one step closer to winning $788.

3 Likes

I’ll be thinking I might actually live to see the Lions play in a Superbowl.

1 Like

I’d take that in a heartbeat.

Any thing can happen. Last year we beat New England. Offense has to score TDs and not FG s.

1 Like