If we draft Kyle Hamilton

How does he fit with Tracy Walker? Would Walker move to strong safety?

1 Like

No Walker would be the FS I think. I think Hamilton would be the SS, but would be moved around a little.

1 Like

Its starting to feel like this is more of a possibility…

1 Like

It’s likely that they’ll run the 4-2-5 scheme that NO regularly runs. Hamilton is about 220lbs. He can play close to the line in their base packages. And when the other teams go 3WRs…He can play High while Walker can move around like he did last season. Hamilton gives them a lot of flexibility in the secondary.

I hope we get the highest rated Pass Rusher. But Hamilton can be a very good chess piece.

Imagine having two flexible Safeties in our scheme. You’ll never know who’s high or low until after the snap. Giving our pass rush extra time. Plus, they both can play the run very well. It can be a win, win.

4 Likes

If we draft Kyle Hamilton at #2, I will self-mutilate. This time I’m serious…

It’ll heal so you can do it again next off-season. Trust me.

3 Likes

People talk about Hamiltin like he is some kind of physicsl hybrid player because he is 220. Watch his film, he spends most of his time lined up 12 yards deep. He doesnt have film of him shedding blocks and making plays behind the LOS. Alll he has is size and a bunch of INTs off of tipped balls.

I think we are going too if Hutch is gone!

Man, I’m coming around on this guy. He covers a HELL of alot of ground. I’d love to get him at 5 in a trade down. With Walker, I don’t think it matters who’s a FS, who’s a SS, or whether we play two positionless safeties. It just doesn’t make sense at 2, but I could live with it at 5. I don’t think he makes it to 10.

He will be our pick!

1 Like

As do Brisker, Hill, Cine, Pitre, etc.

1 Like

I will be ok with it as our need at safety is huge, but hope he’s as good as people think, considering the DE we’d be missing out on. Just think DE can impact the game more than a safety.

Agree, but you don’t think he’s at a different level? I do see a difference.

I always thought a good draft strategy was to try to identify where the gaps are for a given position group. And pick before you encounter the gap. So if you look at Hutch, Thibs, Walker, Johnson, Karlaftis, Mafe, to me there’s not much of a gap between these first rounders and early second rounders. I could argue the same thing for WR. Some would also say OT, but there I see a gep between the top 3 (Icky, Neal and Cross) and the others. But put Hamilton next to all of the late first/second round safeties – I see a bigger gap. No?

I see a MUCH bugger gap in the impact the early 1st round edge guys could have compared to Karlaftis… and Mafe semms like more of a projection despite his testing.

OK, I respect your opinion. I guess that’s what makes it interesting.

1 Like

Yes i think Hamilton is at a different level than Hill and Cine at least. I think hes at a lower level and will be totally exposed in the NFL as a S who cant cover WRs and isnt all that physical. Cine is way more physical and Dax is much better cover guy and both are way more athletic.

Thats what he was probably asked to do at Notre Dame. Drop back into a deep zone and cover alot of ground. Scouts have predicted that he can play closer to the line, if need be.

Thats like scouts predicting Walker can be a high end pass rusher. Its all projection, not something they have actually put on tape. And at least Walker has combine numbers to bolster his projection.

He actually spent MORE time playing SS… either covering the slot, the “robber” role, and occasionally close to the LOS on the edge.

It is not that easy to find plays of him playing a true deep safety.
I have posted one of them… when Amari Rodgers caught a long TD pass and Hamilton was barely in the screen because he reacted too quickly to T-Law’s eyes looking him off.

Maybe when watching highlights. But when i watched whole game film, he was playing deep a lot.