If we release 6 players would have just over 48 mil Cap room

This is what I would do personally. But I also have faith that Brad can find “a football guy” that he loves at 6.

Overall tho we saw what Hutch did for this defense. If you can go get another guy like him, or a Sauce, you go do it right now. I don’t anticipate the Lions being up here in the top 10 for a while so this may be one of their last chances to add a franchise corner stone type player.

This is a great convo-

Why not go back 2 a 3-4

De- Commish/Paschal
NT- Mazi Smith/Benito
DT- McNeill/Buggs

OLB- Houston/Harris
LB- Pratt
LB- Rodrigo
Edge- Hutch/J Okwara

Okudah/Jacobs
Witherspoon/Sutton
Joseph/Iffy
B Branch/Walker

I’d love this D

I think the coaches might say they still have a 3-4 base…

but that is a road we may not want to traverse at this hour…

However… Houston was getting a lot of snaps in final few games and more 3-4 looks were used… and that helped the run defense.

That was huge against the Fudge Packers.

3 Likes

They would.

We run a lot more 3-4 concepts than fans realize.

Bottom line is our defense is a multiple front and we mix it up a lot. To be honest I don’t think we mix it up as much as AG wants to. The play of his front 7 and injuries to it is limiting that ability

As our guys get better I think we will see much more of it…. But we run multiple looks every game.

5 Likes

Max Greenfield Reaction GIF by CBS

4 Likes

If we don’t draft a top ten EDGE then IMHO there is room for everyone back in the EDGE room. Commish and Romeo are different players for sure. Commish is way more 5t/reduce inside, where Romeo is way more SSDE that rushes and sets the EDGE and can occasionally move inside.

It took awhile for Romeo to get back, but from what I was seeing, he HAS made it back. We can basically just hand Commish the money Brockers was making, dump Brockers, keep Romeo and we literally lose nothing because Brockers was a healthy scratch. But Romeo will be back on the field, so net positive from an on field perspective and zero impact financially. My question is this, can Romeo be a 10 sack guy again? If he can (and I do) then just don’t draft a top 10 EDGE guy and onward we go - Adding what we get from Hutch year 2, Paschal year 2 and healthy, Houston year 2, Harris healthy, JOk healthy. I’m really happy with that room and then consider Paschal and Commish what they are, tweeners that aren’t big enough to hold up full time inside. Keep Buggs, maybe get surprised on Levi and add your stud interior player that is a 3t. My guy is Daron Payne. Then you STILL haven’t used that top 6 OA pick on a Dlineman.

I’m thinking when 6 rolls around Carter and Anderson will both be gone. It’s the QB’s who will fall. Young will probably go, but either Stroud or Levis will be there. I’m good with Goff, so IMO a J-U-I-C-Y trade deal should present itself for a team a little lower and wanting to get their QB1. So we add beans, move down and take our choice of CB. I saw that article yesterday about trading for Jalen Ramsey. I’m warming to that idea, because you know what you are getting from play to demeanor to a pretty solid availability showing over the past couple seasons.

In FA we lock up Commish and Buggs then add (the) Payne. Make the TD from 6 adding beans and come out of rounds 1 and 2 with Witherspoon for CB2 (or Porter/Thomas whoever Brad thinks is the best for us), Gibbs (I like Bijan and I know I’ll be stoned for it, but I like Gibbs better and he’ll cost less). Schmitz is my RG of choice, then add to the LB room. Using the other 1B for the Ramsey trade.

This would give us an impact 3t starter, impact CB1, replacement CB2, starting RG, starting RB adding to our own resignings and the guys we get back who didn’t do much for us last year due to health like Romeo, JOk, Harris, Levi, Walker and Okudah on defense and Jamo on offense. Oh… Yeah…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.