If we want Christen to be bouncier

It seems increasingly likely that Jared Goff will be our QB next year given our likely draft position and the dearth of interesting QB prospects outside of Young (and maybe Stroud). Therefore I believe the likeliest path to success is amplifying Jared’s play.

The best way to do that: (@Thats2 is going to hate me)

Draft Bijan Robinson.

We know that Goff was excellent with peak Gurley. Well that’s Bijan. That’s the comp IMO. He’s that good. And he’s on a different level as a pass catcher in that you can split him out and run a fairly robust route tree.

Oh, and he’s proven to be durable.

I know the idea of taking a RB in the top 20 (I’m thinking we’d target him with our pick which I believe will be 13-16) is unpalatable, but short of getting Bryce is there’s a more impactful combination that’s more impactful for 2023 than Bijan and Carter/Anderson ( :pray: Rams suck).

6 Likes

Heh, well I won’t dispute you on Robinson’s talent, he’s a once-a-half-decade kinda back.

But RB in the 1st? No sir I can’t do it. I’ve done probably 500 of those mock draft simulators and I can honestly say I haven’t drafted Robinson even once. I did draft Gibbs once when he fell to the fourth, but that was awhile ago.

3 Likes

So if he’s the best back in the league for two years on his rookie deal what’s that worth?

We need defense

1 Like

6th ranked offense, 32nd ranked defense.

2 Likes

We need game wreckers.

4 Likes

It’s tricky because… well wouldn’t you say Saquon was the best back in the league for 2 of his rookie-year deals? Close anyway. But was has he done for the Giants? They’re pretty good this year but do we expect them to really make any noise? I don’t. And to me their turnaround is more about coaching than any talent.

Then there’s the 2 years he essentially missed because he’s a RB and RBs always miss time nowadays, usually measured in years.

4 Likes

Just wait til we get Jamo. He is gonna bump us up top 5 offense. 32nd ranked defense just isn’t going to work. It’s really not that complicated.

2 Likes

I think we need a RB, but I’d wait until at least 2nd round. We do have 4 picks in the 1st 2 rounds. You could probably get a good back in the 3rd round even.

3 Likes

For me it is really quite simple. Don’t draft players in the 1st round you wouldn’t want to re-sign to a second contract if they succeed. For example, say we draft Robinson and he goes on to become a Gurley type talent. When its time to re-sign him you have to commit major money to a RB and that rarely ends well. I’m all for a RBBC approach. Get your pounder that can get the tough yards, can pass block, and put games away (Jamaal). Get a speed back with really good hands that defense have to respect. Draft a RB in the mid rounds every couple years to keep recyling the cheap depth.

5 Likes

Perfect :+1:

1 Like

Sure. But short of injury he’s a top five prospect in terms of likelihood of stardom. That merits consideration if Jared Goff is your QB IMO. I think we’re still lacking elite talent.

1 Like

6th ranked offense, 32nd ranked defense

Our 1st rd pick WR hasn’t even played yet.

take a few O players , then heavy asf on defense. one 1st-round pick QB, 2nd 1st round pick-best defensive player we can possibly get,

We just need to fix our secondary and a 3T and we should be in good shape. We can still get that done. We already have several ascending studs on defense.

I agree with every post you’ve added to this thread…

We can’t make the next Mahomes show up…. I know many are flying the Burrow, Allen, Herbert flags… but let’s see where they stand after year 5…. Forget the eyeball test- let’s see how many wins, losses, turnovers, playoff wins, or RINGS each has by age 28-

Mahomes success, tied to some gaudy stats, and sexy playing styles got everyone juiced up for the new batch of franchise QBs….

I think Murphy, Robinson, Anderson and only a few others are game wreckers. We need 2-3 of those.

We use Romeo and Brockers cap space for Daron Payne.

We use Big V and Cabindas cap space for Marcus Peters or J Bradberry…

We use Hocks cap space for Adrian Amos…

The D needs vets….

I like- Hutch, McNeill, Rodrigo, Okudah, and Joseph for sure… and I’m rooting for Jacobs, Walker and Paschal to be healthy and ball out. That would be 8 guys with some depth in the form of Levi, Barnes and JO…. SO WE NEED 3 MORE- Daron Payne, Amos, and Bradberry…. That 11 plus some depth…. Our only need is another DL player, and a viable LB…

Add Jack Campbell and Tuli Tuipulotu to the D with Payne, Amos and Bradberry.

Then add Bijan Robinson, J Hyatt and Andrew Voorhees to the offense.

I don’t like paying 26 year old guards from other teams 45M contracts. We don’t need another 22 year old in our secondary. We need a Vet DT…

Tuli/Paschal. McNeill D Payne. Hutch/JO

Jack Campbell              Rodrigo/Barnes

Okudah Amos K Joseph Jacobs J Bradberry

Goff
B Robinson/D Swift
Jamo/Hyatt/Saint

I can get on board with this highly unlikely scenario.

Why is this a Christen Harper thread with no pictures of her?

Is SBK running this thread now?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.