If you could trade for one position to put us over the top?

I would not be surprised if the Bears traded for Andy Dalton

1 Like

Is Andy Dalton better than Chase Daniel?

I don’t think he is when you take into account familiarity with the system.

You’d give up our first and third for a 30 year old that relies on his explosion? Too rich IMO.

1 Like

You are right, 5 years ago hell ya! Right now I would think Von could be had much cheaper.

Nobody wants Mack?

I wanted Josh Allen in the draft because he’s the kind of player Von Miller is. I think that’s exactly the kind of player that would make our defense lethal. Just watching Kahlil Mack destroy games makes me so upset, he literally changed that entire team. That’s worth a first rounder in my book.

2 Likes

Ha, I literally just mentioned him, I love him as a player, but HATE that he’s on the Bears

2 Likes

It would definitely be a “Win Now” move…which I think they should seriously consider

Has there been any indication they are willing to move him or would it just be throwing an offer at them while they say “Higher”?

They’re a bad team in a good division, all of their stars will be over the hill by the time they’re any good. They’ve now lost 8 straight going back to last season and Von MIller had a “no questions” press conference that lasted all of 12 seconds this week before losing the the Jags. They didn’t have a sack until this week (Miller had 2). They have a few older guys on expiring contracts they could move (Chris Harris, Derek Wolfe, Emmanuel Sanders) along with MIller. They need a rebuild. If Miller is available, I take a big swing at getting him.

So if I am reading you, you feel they would listen to offers right now and tank for the rebuild? Correct?

Like MLB teams at the Trade Deadline that are out it.

I would, but I don’t think Elway is wired that way personally. He’ll keep trying to add talent and be no better than a .500 club instead of pulling the rebuild trigger.

Yea, that is my read on Elway too. I don’t know if he can admit they are hopeless for this season. At least not yet

1 Like

Fantasy time.
Taylor Lewan at LT, Decker to RT, Crosby the swing man like Wiggans at OG.

1 Like

What happens to Wagner? He has been playing okay this year, no penalties and only 1 sack given up. His run blocking has been better than his pass blocking IMO, he struggles with speed.

Forgot Wagner…bonus for my fantasy!

exactly what I was saying Rick !

Bowlen had several heirs. According to Alex Marvez who knows the Broncos pretty well, he believes they will want to sell the team.

It seems like as opposed to the Ebron and the fifth year draft option that Miller would count towards the compensatory formula even if the team failed to pick up his team option.

I really don’t think the Broncos will pick up the player option. They face a long rebound and likely the selling of the franchise.

Personally I think a 2nd rounder or a second rounder plus something (conditional 3rd) would get it done.

I’d do that for sure. Though I’m just not sure his style fits into the image that MP has for the defense.

I think if Von Miller is somebody we could be looking at, it’d cost a lot less than a 1st. He is 30 years old, and his speed and explosiveness is what is special.

But I also think this could be a seller’s market with the entire NFC in the hunt.

Agree completely

DE/OLB. Not having a consistent pass rush at the end of games is hurting us. We need rotational guys at least.