IFFY or Iffy not worth a spot on the roster (long term)

Just super-curious what you guys’ opinions are on Iffy.

What is your crystal ball saying this guy will develop into

• Eventually cut
  • Depth/role player guy
  • Solid starter
  • Good starter

0 voters

@Martymcfly2017 → feel free to use the time machine & tell us man.

1 Like

He really hasn’t shown much as of yet. It looks like he’s a depth guy at best.

2 Likes

From hearing Brad/DC’s comments after the season, they seemed to intimate that he doesn’t have that DAWG / killer instinct in him…very passive but talented. I think they’ve challenged him. will be intersting to see how he shows up. Also maybe why they haven’t signed another safety if they have faith in him.

Eventually let walk like Austin Bryant and Amani O

3 Likes

He’s an interesting case
Where Brad has really been hitting on draft
Iffy was one many had high expectations for along with Barnes that appear to be good team mates but haven’t taken off on field.

2 Likes

It’s not a great sign when a player is drafted as a CB and then changes position to safety after a year. Not giving him a second year to grow into the position when we were short of talent at CB suggests he’s not even close to being an NFL calibre player.

I don’t think there’s anything there.

3 Likes

At least with Barnes it seems the lightbulb has turned on a bit. Iffy just can’t stay healthy long enough to see what he could become.

3 Likes

Injuries have been the main problem. Don’t see him getting cut. He’s cheap and he’s got all the physical tools if he can just stay on the field.

4 Likes

Interesting. Somehow I wasn’t aware that he’s been hurt a lot.

He had a few plays back in 2021 where he was covering arguably the best WR in the nfl Adams and Iffy looked pretty solid at times. I haven’t given up on the dude yet.

1 Like

He’s missed 50% of the games due to injury. 17 out of 34. Thigh, hamstring, ankle. 3 different injuries.

And of those 17 games, 3 of them he didn’t finish the game.

If there is one critique of Brad Holmes draft picks it would be the injured dudes. Levi and Iffy have hardly played for example. And you could add Jamo to that as well since he missed most of last season. Paschal also had a bunch of issues, sports hernia and a knee problem.

Holmes is a gambler and is willing to take risks in the draft. It doesn’t always work out. Overall, he’s still crushing it

With Elliot not returning, we could draft a new safety and there would still be room for Iffy.

2 Likes

Well i think hes going to cut

1 Like

Possibly by the team annnnD a surgeon, based on what @stephenboyd57 was saying.
I knew Iffy was iffy, but DiDn’t realize it was because of injury. I knew he was not in games, but thought it was just coaches Decision

2 Likes

Also quote from Coach Dan after the Panthers massacre where Iffy started at safety…

“No. 2, Iffy man, (we need more) aggressiveness. Finish on the tackles. Use your hands. He’s a big, long athlete, and he’s got the tools. It’s just, ‘All right, you’ve got your first start under your belt, now we need to see the aggressive side of you come out. You got to play more violent in there, and you do have to finish on these plays.’ That’s what we’re looking for from him.”

Iffy did play much better the next week vs the Bears, when we crushed them. But, Coach Dan is making it sound like Iffy is a little soft.

1 Like

Compared to coach Dan, EVERYBODY is a little soft. Hahahahaha!
I hear ya, man. Hope he can pull it out of himself. He’s not a natraual warrior, but we all have it in us…just more innate in some ppl, where others have to struggle to get it out of themselves.

1 Like

Haha very true!! Coach Dan is a made of steel!

Also, if Iffy is a tall, athletic corner that can cover but is a little soft, why move him to safety where you need to be more physical!?

1 Like

Good point

2 Likes

Iffy is kinda like Pascal in a sense where they were looking for that guy to play outside then give us some juice inside.

Then we got Cominsky and that’s his role.

Iffy was probably looked at like a nickel type coverage dude…but then Will Harris found a role there.

So depth & ST is it for them for now

1 Like

I hope Jerry J makes it back too

2 Likes