INSTANT TAKE: Not-Too-Early Draft Prediction Poll

He’s the best DE. But I think Hamilton is the best player. I also think Neal is better

Nobody is dumb enough to take Hamilton that high, Neal has a chance.

I don’t like Hamilton at all. I don’t think he translates well to the NFL.

Where is the value in taking a Safety at #2? It goes back to the same argument of taking a TE in the top 10.

That’s why we aren’t taking him. Doesn’t make him not a good player.

Where did I say he sucks?

You asked the best in the draft I gave you two names. I like the Utah LB Lloyd too. I would not be pissed at all if we took Hutch.

I would think when we’re talking about players going before Hutchinson in the draft it would be obvious we’re not talking about that punter you really like.

You didn’t. That wasn’t my point.

Who knows because we gave up control of the first pick to win a preseason game.

1 Like

If I were to pick between the 2 it would be Hutch all the way. Really good athleticism, already has a repetoire of moves, and has a high motor. Also he’s a gritty player who’s attitude would fit well here. If Hutch is there I would run to the podium. If it’s KT? I’m “considering” about trading down.

I can’t see this organization drafting a poor man’s Clowney. I still say we don’t take Thibedeaux even if Hutchinson goes 1st. I don’t think they go QB either. It could be some crazy off the wall pick since we don’t need a tackle. They did this to themselves. The win was meaningless. They don’t control their destiny with Hutch.

Kenny Pickett has the same sized hands I do at 5’11”.

To put 8.25” hands into NFL perspective, Burrow has the leagues smallest at 9”, followed by Mahomes at 9.25”.

Pickett would have smaller hands than Mike Vick, or any other starting QB in memory…

The Jags get Etteinne and Robinson back in September. I expect a decent UFA WR to run with Shenault and M Jones.

Draft E Neal, DT, DB, TE

I can appreciate the hand size concern with Pickett and I will try to refrain from making jokes about it. I think its something you could investigate, like test his grip strength or something, not a normal grip strength but a football grip strength.

I remember hearing some ludicrous reasons to devalue Aaron Donald when he was in the draft in spite of awesome production. And he just happens to have played for the same college team. Quite a coincidence.

I think Jags go OT to protect TLaw. Lions will have their choice of the two DE’s and I think the Sewell connection and upside leads them to select Thibodeaux.

1 Like

A few questions here. How is hand size measured (yes, I know, with a ruler)? When was Pickett’s hand-size last measured— can’t imagine it’s something you do every other Friday. If it has been since high school, could his hands have grown since then— they say your nose and ears never stop growing. If he goes to the combine and measures 8.75, is everyone pleasantly surprised and then he shoots up to the top pick?

Tons of mocks have them taken a DE.

Hand size measurement at the NFL Combine is done by measuring the tip of the thumb to the tip of the pinky finger with the hand outstretched.

2 Likes

People say Hamilton shouldn’t be pick explain something if Hamilton goes at pick 4 besides 2 being difference why if he is that good would we pass on him at 2?

This is same problem i have with people who say we need a number one WR explain to me what a #1 WR is?

I have seen same people ignore fact that maybe Brown is a number one why what makes him less an a unknow a #1?

Same as a DE who might be a stud an passing on a S who almost everyone say will be a stud so we should pass because he plays Safety?