Interesting about fifth year option for Okudah

Ian Rapoport

With the fifth-year option deadline tomorrow, worth noting: New #Falcons CB Jeff Okudah is not eligible for it. When the #Lions agreed to pay $1.5M of his 2023 salary to facilitate the trade, his option was off the table. He has 1 year and $3.682M deal left with ATL.

2 Likes

Guy will go down as one of the worst first round picks in lions history and that’s saying a lot. Only Joey Harrington is worse IMO.

You must not know the history of the Lions first round picks.

21 Likes

Reggie Rogers, Mark Nicholls, Andre Ware, Chuck Long off the top of my head.

3 Likes

Were any of those guys drafted third or higher? Rogers and ware were both 7th overall.

Charles Rogers and Bryant Westbrook were high picks but I’d have to look up the exact number.

2 Likes

Charles Rogers was 2nd overall.

2 Likes

I totally forgot about him. May he RIP. That whole situation was sad.

3 Likes

Westbrook was 5th overall. Bennie Blades was 3rd overall but he definitely wasn’t a bust. Don’t know that he was worth the 3rd overall pick though. Especially when 2 HOFs went in the next ten picks, Tim Brown and Michael Irvin.

1 Like

Big Mike Williams went 10th.

3 Likes

Just the QB’s. Chuck Long and Andre Ware ring any bells?

2 Likes

Linebacker edition

Chris Claiborne and Ernie Sims.

TE Version

Ebron and Hock

Not even gonna talk about the 400 pound fat shithead OLs in rd 1…

And as bad as Lions 1st rounds have been

2nd round said

Watch This Hold My Beer GIF by TeamLethal

1 Like

Mike williams, charles rodgers, ernie sims, eric ebron, aaron gibson, and jerod davis were all worse picks than Joey… i know that is saying a lot. At least everyone picked after joey sucked ass too

1 Like

Lol not even close, Reggie Rogers, Andre Ware Terry fair I could keep going

1 Like

Considering he went top 5, he’s up there. Unlike some of the other busts, Okudah at least have a good work ethic, dude just can’t stay healthy.

1 Like

I wouldnt call hock a bust

But he didnt live up to being gronk 2.0 as he was advertised

1 Like

We just didnt get the HOF TE we were sold at draft time

I was very vocal against picking hock… but i wanted Ed Oliver who sucks far worse than Hock. Hock aint bad. He just ain’t tough enough for Dan.

1 Like

2 pro bowls in 4 seasons now. I’m not saying he’s great, but he’s a good player. Not worth a top 10 pick though at all.

Hock will make more money next season than LaPorta will over the next 4 years. So the Hock trade really looks even better now after seeing that.

1 Like

Yeah its really more of poor resource allocation, but Hock is kinda busty

…like not quite Charlene Tilton or Samantha Fox busty but certainly a solid Stevie Nicks /Farrah Fawcett busty

2 Likes

I’m not sure you want to be using great-grandmothers as examples.