Is all forgiven if we beat the packers?

After watching bits and pieces of the Packers Vikings game, here’s my keys to beating the Packers on Sunday.

On Defense…

1. Stop the run - the Packers are really creative with their run game, so don’t focus solely on Jones and Williams. They get the wide receivers and special teamers involved in the run game. They had 158 yards rushing with 6 different runners. No one was dominant, but the run game was effective.
  2. Contain Adams - He torched the Vikings secondary, and opened things up for everyone else. MVS was running around wide open out there.
  3. Get to Rodgers - Rodgers looked like a God again, and the only way to make him uncomfortable is to hit him often. The lions need to get to the QB.

On Offense…

1. Run the ball. I think the run defense is about the only weakness on this team. Running the ball well will control the clock, open things up for Stafford, and keep Rodgers in the sideline.
  2. Attack the middle - GB is young and inexperienced at MLB. Hockenson and Amendola could help here.
  3. Get creative With the playbook - GBs run and pass plays looked so creative, I would love to see Bevell get some of our guys the ball the way GB does. They are all about moving the chains, and taking their strikes deep.

I think if we have Golladay, Big V, Trufant, Coleman, Collins and Okudah back, we have a shot. Collins wasn’t suspended, so he’s back. The rest, who knows. We cannot win with Tony McRae and Andre Roberts vs Rodgers/Adams. IF we win at Lambeau, then not “all” is forgiven, but I’ll be a little further back off the ledge.

Unfortunately, our D give up 41 and we still lose…oh well lol

If they do beat the Packers, at this point in the Patricia regime I’m more likely to think it’s a fluke. I need to see a consistently dominant defense and that won’t happen in one game.

Aaron Rodgers is on the warpath, and is looking to destroy everything in sight. The guy is seriously going to be on a pretty big revenge tour IMO, and I think Love getting drafted really lit a fire under him. He was the best QB in the NFL Week 1, against a much better defense. The Lions already terrible secondary is decimated. The Lions will probably lose something like 35-13. Patricia has done well against Rodgers, but not this time. Bet the house on GB.

Maybe he should try rushing the passer in them situations. I mean what kind of fool has 5th and 6th CB cover with no rush.

2 Likes

We aren’t beating green bay.

I would love to be proven wrong but…no, not gonna happen.

All will be forgiven when we fire Patricia. I will gladly give them a clean slate.

2 Likes

No way. You gave away 1 of 16 games. It’s not forgiven unless we make the playoffs.

We do play GB very well under Patricia but I am terrified of Rodgers this year.

1 Like

It would be very Lions to beat Green Bay get our hopes up then lose the next 2.

In fact getting killed by Green Bay even if lose would shock me.

The same fool who holds up Malcolm Butler making a great individual play as his biggest coaching accomplishment.

Rodgers is going to shred our practice squad secondary if Trufant isn’t near 100%. We’re not getting Coleman back any time soon, and Okudah’s a rookie. The offense will have to win this game for us. We have a puncher’s chance in a shootout, but I don’t see us keeping up with an angry Rodgers. His pettiness and thin skin somehow make him in to a better QB than he is when he’s happy. He is not happy that the Packers drafted his replacement.

Unfortunately, no - not all is forgiven.

I still remember the other 14 games where the Lions blew the lead in the 4th quarter over the last few seasons (and countless ones before it). I still remember the decades of losing. I still remember the bullshit penalties and circumstances. I still remember the coaching blunders, missed opportunities, and comedic tragedies.

It’s going to take a lot of consistency for me to lose those memories.

Once the Lions show they are winners on a consistent basis I’ll stop having that feeling we all had at the beginning of the 4th quarter where we knew they were going to lose despite the enormous lead.

F’n chumps. That’s all they are. It only took us 1 game to learn nothing has changed this year. Now we get to enjoy another 3 year cycle with whatever bozo that they bring in to steer this clunker of a ship.

Fn Lions.

lol, I had finally calmed down from Sunday and here I am getting all riled up again. 16 more weeks of this aggravation where I play this game like I don’t care…but really do.

1 Like