Is Brees great, or is it Payton?

2019 Brees 94.8 rating
2019 Bridgewater 99.5 rating, by far the highest of his career!
The Aints don’t miss Brees a bit, and sure doesn’t look like Teddy misses the Queen’s.

1 Like

I really liked Bridgewater before his injury. Maybe he’s just a good QB.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get too excited. Everybody is lighting up the Bucs defense. Only the Panthers have failed to drop at least 31 points on them.

2 Likes

True but Teddy B. Beat the LAR, SEA and the Boys too.

I’m wondering if Drew retires or if NO decides to go with the young gun and forces him to take the Farve route.

2 Likes

I did, too. He never broke out of the low 80’s with the Queen’s, though.

1 Like

I’m wondering the same thing.
Poor guy. Twice in his career.

1 Like

Well, I really really wanted Bree’s to be the first over QB to break the 75K mark!

Good guy imho!!

So, before he retires, I want him to get back to health and break 75K!! He deserves that mark!

2 Likes

Barring injury, Brady should break 75K this yr as well… crazy

2 Likes

Teddy is not trash, just overrated (as he was with the Vikings). He lost to the Rams (not his fault, he was thrown in the middle of the game), and the offense struggled against the Cowboys. Beating the Seahawks in Seattle is always a good thing. But it helps when you get a punt return touchdown and fumble returned for a touchdown in the same game.

As far as Brees, I can’t see him retiring willingly. Football is who he is. Talk about a guy that eats and sleeps it.

1 Like

Completely agree. His identity is that of a Saint. He’s not retiring. Joe Montana took the Chiefs to a conference championship after SF let him go, if I’m remembering correctly (2 of them)?

I remember seeing an interview with someone from KC who was in charge of the hiring process. He said
“Joe told me he would win me at least 1 or 2 games/year, by himself. I questioned him, and he said - Yeah, in close games, at the end, I will win at least 1 or 2 by myself. While I admired his confidence, I didn’t know exactly what he meant, until I saw it with my own eyes.”
He then proceeded to tell stories of games that Joe took over. Brees reminds me a bit of Joe. I could see stories like that coming out about him, as well. I’m going to try to find that interview for you guys.

1 Like

I heard one on NFL radio that Drew prepares during the bye week like he’s got a game. Then on Sunday while the rest of the team is home with their families, he goes to the field and plays out a make believe game with make believe play calls. He has low level staffers out there collecting balls for him.

If you recall the story from last year when Drew Brees set the NFL passing record he spent the bye week sending out personalized footballs with hand signed letters to 174 people he felt contributed to the record.

"With the assistance of general manager Mickey Loomis, executive director of football communications Doug Miller and members of the Saints’ PR staff, Brees came up with a list of 174 names that played a role in the record over his 18-year career.

The compilation proved a task, as Brees said a lot of effort was spent tracking down each individual and confirming mailing addresses.

With the mission accomplished, a total of 15 current receivers, 84 former ones, seven current offensive linemen, 49 former blockers, 11 coaches and eight contributors, including Saints owner Gayle Benson, will receive a customized football with their name and contributions in time for the holidays. Also included with the football is a letter personally signed by Brees thanking each individual for their assistance."

3 Likes

Awesome story, brother. Thanks for the share. I can’t say I’m surprised.

I’ve gotta get NFL Sirius back again. Forget how much I enjoy that.

1 Like

One key I’ve learned is that you have to cancel it in order to get the best deal when you come back. Being a loyal customer doesn’t really mean anything to them anymore. I got XM radio in 2007 and have had it every day since then…until recently. I finally cut the cord earlier this year. Between all of my devices and internet subscription, I was paying over $300 a year for it. Heck, it was probably close to $400. I begged and pleaded with them to give me a better deal, or I was leaving. They didn’t care. Even $50 for 6 months per radio would have kept me as a customer, but they didn’t want to hear it. And like clockwork, after I cancel they are sending thru the $30 for 6 month offers.

Because I had XM for so long, I never downloaded other music apps like Pandora. Now that I have, it makes me want to never go back to XM…its an inferior product for music as far as I’m concerned. Jim and Pat are almost worth the price of admission by themselves. I’m wondering if there’s a way I can listen to them without having to go back to XM. Another thing I can’t recreate yet is being able to listen to the political TV news channels like CNN, Fox and MSNBC.

1 Like

Kind of the same re: XM
I ended up bored with their musical format
Our family now has Spotify and we love love love it

NFL radio is the only thing I miss about XM
So … not worth the price of admission
Quit and never looked at anything they sent me

You can get any type of content you like via podcasts
I subscribe to many podcasts and here and there delete episodes I’m not interested
I’ve got a backlog of podcasts to cover whatever I may be interested in on any given day
XM largely a waste of money
I bet they’re sales are flat to declining

1 Like

Thanks for the tip, Holmes!http://rg42.tumblr.com/post/94220393689/when-you-and-your-best-friend-have-a-plan-to-raise

When I first started with them it was a no brainer. Obviously internet radio wasn’t a thing yet. It was clearly superior to regular radio in so many ways, including signal strength. And when I traveled, I loved that I could listen to all of my favorite stations with a good signal for the entire 12 hour (or whatever) trip, instead of having to keep changing local radio stations as you go town to town. But most importantly, the cost was negligible. I can’t remember what I paid back then, but it was like $6.95/month for the 1st radio and then $2.95/month for each additional radio or something like that. Adding on the internet service was another $2.95/month. It just turned into a real expense over the years. I want to say my truck was something like $22/month by itself. That’s over $200 I have to give them. Then my wife’s car, etc. It was just too much.

1 Like

Brees is great. End of question.

3 Likes

Stop it. Take this down. Stop disrespecting Drew Brees like that. Well, Jimmy G was undefeated and Jacoby Brissett was too. Does that make Tom Brady “not that good.” Stop it. Teddy Bridgewater is good. Jacoby Brissett is good, too. It doesn’t make the franchise QB bad, it just means they have good backups. Sean Payton is just scheming up a good backup game plan. Safe, quick throws. Feed Kamara. That’s all there is to it.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure he didn’t beat the Rams.

Also, Brees won’t get run out of town by Teddy. He’s an all time great still playing at a level where he’s one of the best in the league. Top 5, Top 10, something like that.