Is Craig Reynolds better-than Swift?

Whoooo opened some eyes huh? BUT what’s the real answer?

1 Like

Swift is seemingly much more dynamic and younger right? Availability matters but I think it is much more about the oline and getting ragnow back will be great to see next year.

I think CR should be at least a #2 RB here.

Thunder and lightning…
shake and bake… @BigNatty

2 different guys… different skills.

4 Likes

Reynolds has run better in these last two games then the majority of Swift’s games, if not them all. With that said though, Swift is still one of the best receiving RB’s in the NFL and our only true home-run hitter at RB. I do think that Reynolds play, if it continues, can phase out Jamaal Williams from this offense next year though. IMO both of his last games have been better then any of Jamaals this year. I am one of Jamaal’s biggest supporters. He was one of my top targets in FA last year as a do it all back who is just a very solid player. Then his personality made me really like this guy as he is just a great player to be around and is awesome having on this team. He has even be the solid player I expected him to be. Craig Reynolds has been fantastic though. Maybe Reynolds fades down the stretch and winds up being a nobody, who knows, but at this moment that guy is playing like an absolute stud.

5 Likes

PFF Fantasy Football
@PFF_Fantasy
Craig Reynolds leads the NFL with 171 rushing yards after contact over the last 2 weeks

PFF
@PFF
The Lions have signed RB Craig Reynolds from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, per
@DougKyed

Reynolds: 88.3 PFF Grade over the last 2 weeks (1st among RBs) ???

According to PFF he has been the best back in the league over the last two weeks. This guy is definitely impressing me and making a case for a larger role in 2022.

5 Likes

pretty dang sweet since the guy was signed off our practice squad…that’s stepping up LARGE !

Swift has the greatest potential to be a playmaker, but you can’t help but appreciate Williams’s intensity and Reynold’s vision and patience.

6 Likes

They all have their strengths.

1 Like

wasn’t there a Jefferson we was running???

I also think a solid back like Reynolds can help prolong Swifts career

3 Likes

Swift bugs the P^%#@!#$ out of me with injuries and NOT playing.

2 Likes

Lions are getting to where Denver was years ago?
Throw almost any guy back there and he’ll look good
I realize the numbers don’t really support that but it’s starting to feel that way …

2 Likes

Not sure what to make of Jermar. Injuries have slowed down his progress, but in the limited opportunities he has gotten he has made the most of them. He will have a shot at making the roster out of training camp and impressing in the off-season.

1 Like

Part of that is the coaches playing it safe. If we were in the playoff hunt I doubt Swift would have missed much time. Why rush a guy back though when he has nothing to prove and we have nothing to play for.

1 Like

Not taking anything away from Reynolds, but as the passing game becomes of a legit threat, teams have to respect it more, opening up a bit more rushing room. Swift was hindered by the lackluster passing game early in the season.

1 Like

to compliment this post…

Swift got 2 full games in with DC calling the plays… and Decker playing at OLT.

He ran 47 times for 266 yards… 5.7 ypc. :eyes:

5 Likes

Reynolds and Jefferson are ridiculously good for what they were, but just stop. Swift is the most dynamic player on this team.

4 Likes

I was going to say something similar; namely, that the Lions rushed for 229 yards vs the Steelers in Decker’s 1st game back with Swift getting 130 of those yards on 33 carries.

Decker’s 2d game back, Swift was even better with 136 yards on 14 carries.

Reynolds is why you shouldn’t use much capital (draft/money) on RBs. Devontae Booker is outplaying Saquon. The Dolphins picked Duke Johnson up off the scrap heap and he went bonkers for them. It’s the most replaceable position in sports.

3 Likes