Is Goff Going to Have a Good Game vs the Rams?

Call your shot!

I feel like he’ll be good this week.

If he is not, I think its a bad omen for us.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s going to be good this weekend. The Rams will have his number IMO.

I think he’ll be way more conscious of it. I DO think he plays much better this week. Fans will have mixed reactions toward him, with most of them loving him as a man. Some football fans only care if you win or lose, and they don’t care if your entire team is comprised of rapists and thieves. Most fans care about rooting for good humans. Goff is a good human. People will be rooting for him.

I think he’ll do as well as can be expected with middle school WRs.

Donald is gonna murder our backup center, and that will be an issue.
Look for Fox to pull off some magic on a fake punt.

Stafford will throw for 450 yards and 4-6 TDs this week, depending on how much they decide to just run over us, and how much they decide to throw.

4 Likes

I think so. Pulling out all the stops. New plays. Extra practice. If he’s smart.

1 Like

Good question. Normally he is big in big games.

That said he looks shell shocked, over-thinking, untrusting, take your pick right now.

I can envision a scenario where the Rams walk in way over confident are out of sorts for a half allowing the Lions to take an early lead much like the Packers game. The Rams are just too good for this Lions team so my guess is the Rams win huge or win small…

2 Likes

This is the game that’s going to be stapled to his resume.

3 Likes

The problem is that mcvay knows everything about him. What rattles him, what confuses him, what his strengths and weaknesses are. Add that to the talent deficiencies he’s working with at our skill positions and it could be a very rough game for him. If decker and ragnow were healthy that would be a huge help. They’re not though so I expect the rams defense to blitz early and often.

2 Likes

I think Stafford will look awesome and Goff will look average at best.

Surrounding cast matters.

I’m more curious to hear from the fans that wanted Stafford gone at all costs and the Lions to tear it all down. Are you happy that you got what you wanted?

Do you think we would have had zero wins if we still had Stafford?

4 Likes

It’s going to be more of the same from the last two weeks. Closer to last week.

What the Rams defense does well isn’t a good matchup for the Lions current offensive deficiencies.

The Lions need little to no offensive penalties. Control the clock. Shorten the game.

1 Like

If Jared Goff isn’t up for this game, somebody needs to check his pulse.

2 Likes

That’s funny.

1 Like

HELL NO!!! We have most of our 2 best linemen out. A WR core that features players that would be on most teams practice squads so separation is minimal which means Goff has to be perfect, which he won’t be. He also can’t create with his legs, so this will be ugly unfortunately lol.

2 Likes

What I would love to see…

Lions win the toss, take the ball. First play from scrimmage is a flea flicker, 50 yd shot downfield. Caught, picked, or incomplete, doesn’t matter. Take the shot. Don’t care how many receivers are open shorter. Take the shot.

Edit to add:
What we will get for the first play from scrimmage.
Handoff to Williams, off right guard. 3-4 yd gain.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they sit Stafford in the 3rd if the rams get a big lead. They sat him in the 4th last week. So I’ll go 320 and 4 tds

2 Likes

Impressed by your optimism!

I might have predicted 2 yards…
matt damon drinking GIF by Saturday Night Live

1 Like

He (and Penei) is going to get destroyed by Donald on a regular basis.

1 Like

I think the rams will get up big… then coast. So Goff will probably look bad in the first half, but much better in the second. Maybe we pull it back within a couple scores and make it “look” respectable.

4 Likes

Is Jared Goff going to have NFL caliber receivers Sunday?
If he’s throwing to the 3 5’8" wantabees and 5"11 never has been, no.
If nothing changes, nothing changes.

totally agree Air, and NO I cannot see where if Matt was here…WE , right now wouldn’t have at least A win.

I think he could. The Rams are playing some green iffy corners, Rochell & Deayon. They are vulnerable to the run,inside & out as well, assuming Lynn doesn’t abandon it too early. You wanna A’Shawn back for Levi or Alim ?

Safeties/Lbs are iffy in coverage on TEs ( v different game vs TB if Gronk doesn’t get hurt early in the 3rd,imo). Ramsey won’t be on him all the time & Goff/Hock absolutely have to be vibing on the chances they do get.

Stafford could have been picked several times vs NYG, had his own lil’ brain toots - couple of delay penalties, for eg. I think The Rams drove the field maybe once, the rest of the meaningful scoring was off short fields, irrc.

Could be a question of playing down to the opposition, but there’s been a definite levelling off of offensive sharpness/lack of development over several games now; it’s still too much the Stafford/Kupp show for my taste. Woods and Higbee are getting more involved but they are still a long way from the multi-frontal storm of 2017 to mid 2018.Limit Kupp’s involvement, esp. YAC , & your chances of frustrating Stafford into hero-ball mistakes escalates. Preaching to the choir or inflaming the torch & pitchfork crowd, depending on your POV…lol…

The Rams are, thankfully, running the ball a bit better. You guys are not nearly worried enough about how mediocre DET’s run game has been. The OL issues are obviously the biggest problem, but it’s been awhile now since I’ve seen either back do anything special. The effort is there,but the execution has been both inconsistent and lacking… how can I put it , sparkle. Goff isn’t the only skill guy who should be held responsible for the lack of explosives, not to mention boneheaded mistakes- dropped passes by RBs, missed blocks, crappy WR blocking,etc. Prediction : if DET has two RB-based explosives over 20 yds, they’ll be in this game down to the wire. Could be a run , a screen, whatever.Also watch 2nd down rushes. DET’s been shaky as fudge there. Truly bizarre cuz they are pretty good on 3rd & 4th in more obvious rushing situations. Makes no sense to me.

As far as the Rams rush attack , I’m worried that The Rams lost key blocking TE Johnny Mundt vs NYG. We’ll see what the ripple effect is for both run & pass - there’s been a lot more 12 personnel for Stafford and the runners this season.

Btw, if you want to know what a QB throwing away a game for his undermanned unit really looks like, check out Daniel Jones’ performance last week… avoiding that kind of bedshittery is crucial.

1 Like