Is it too early to talk 2023 Draft?

With us having 2 first rounders in this draft and 23’s, I sort of tie the two together as building the team. There seems to be a couple factions forming on the most important position on the field, and the position we traded for those two additional first round picks. Do we draft our QB to replace Stafford in 22 or 23? I like guys like Corral, Willis and Pickett, but all have their knocks. So I’m starting to explore the 23 QB’s that you guys in the faction of “next year’s class is way better,” are factoring into that opinion.

Who are you guys targeting and where do you think they will go in the 23 draft? I know it’s a total projection, but if I’m going to sell myself on waiting, I’m going to need to be able to sell myself that the #7OA pick in 23 will get us “this dude” who is way better of a prospect than: Corral/Willis/Pickett. I think even if we win some games next year, that we will be able to produce enough trade compensation to get inside of the top 7 picks. Someone up there will be buying. So who are the 23 QB’s who should be there after the top 2 or 3 are off the board?

I honestly don’t know much about the 23’ potential class, but I think in an ideal world this is how we would approach it.

2022 Off-season

Retain Tracy Walker
Sign Stud Safety in FA (Marcus Williams
Sign Very Good WR in FA (Chris Godwin/Mike Williams/etc)
Draft Edge #1
QB/WR with 2nd 1st
QB/WR is 2nd

2023 off-season

Sign impact front 7 defender in FA
Come out of the 1st round with a MLB’er who can be your defensive leader and maybe a CB depending on how Okudah fares.

That is just very generic, but that is how I would like to see this progress.

Maybe our new QB will be J.J. McCarthy.

Love this question. I’d be much more willing to take a ‘23 qb over a ‘22. Bryce Young should be coming out…….will Anderson is apparently the best player coming out of that draft. I’ve heard it be said he is what we wish this year’s crop of DE’s was: a sure fire generational talent with a nonstop motor. I do watch a lot of bama games ( father-in-law is a diehard fan) and he is always popping on the screen. He challenged his team to play better after their early season loss and said it started with him….came out and got like 3-4 sacks the next game. He walks the walk ans talks the talk……