Is Minny game the biggest for Lions in 5 years?

2017 Detroit finished 9-7. Since then they haven’t won more than 6 in a season so obviously playoffs wasn’t a word used.

Just from a notice to the league and continuing to round the corner with this team, is this the biggest game the Lions have played since 2017?

4 Likes

I was thinking about this earlier, and that was my thought. With every win, every game becomes the biggest game in several years.

13 Likes

French Yes GIF by Groundhog Day

2 Likes

As far as “notice to the league” I think the last time we could have sent a temporary message that resonated would be the Chiefs game in 2019. We would have beaten a Super Bowl favorite Chiefs team and gone 3-0-1 in the process. We shit the bed after that game, but we would have been the talk of the town if we would have won it.

4 Likes

No, the Bills game is still the biggest one in the last 5 years.

Although you could argue that Jags game was the biggest since 2017, because for the first time since that year, we have officially turned the corner after yesterday.

2 Likes

Yes, and not because of playoff considerations, though there’s that too.

The perception of the Lions would be in a head-on collision with the reality of the last 6 games and would provoke cognitive dissonance in the American public on a scale never seen before, resulting in vast disruptions in the social, culture and religious fabric of our nation, while simultaneously uniting the country in agreement that the Messiah has arrived in the form of Dan Campbell.

You’ll see…

4 Likes

word

2 Likes

Is it bad that I don’t even have doubt for this game? I mean they are 10-2 after all and 9-0 in one score games. I just feel like Minnesota is about to get smacked.

I don’t think it is. This team is scorching hot right now playing elite football, and we probably beat all but maybe 3 or 4 teams if we played them next Sunday. I don’t think the Vikings are one of those teams.

Combine that with the revenge factor Campbell can push to the guys all week and I don’t know if it stays close Sunday. The Vikings game earlier this season was the quintessential SOL game for us and it’s when the implosion started. Beat tge Vikings bad like we should have the first time to get to 6-7 and we start talking winning out.

After these next 2 games, I think we won’t have to worry until Green Bay.

2 Likes

I want us to curb stomp the Packers and talk about how Lambeau is becoming more like a second home to us! …cuz it is

4 Likes

x factor GIF

1 Like

Yea agree, I think we beat the Vikings, it’s the Jets I worry about on the road. But I posted earlier, if they man handle the Vikings then I think they go to NY and take care of business. Confidence level will be out the roof with this team.

1 Like

The thing that has me so optimistic is that they are fairly healthy for once. knock on wood. And next week Jamo will probably get an extended look.

I also think our home crowd is starting to play a factor in these games.

4 Likes

didn’t we already have three ‘biggest games?’

Of course we did.
Each win makes the next one bigger.

2 Likes

I think last game vs Green Bay will be

It’s too bad the NFL didn’t flex this game to Sunday night. Prime time Goff is much better than prime time Kirk.

3 Likes

The bills game was the biggest game of the season and in years. Going into the year we thought we would lose by 30-40-50. They are a super bowl contender (favorite) it’s national tv. That was the litmus test for this team and regime. And they went toe to toe with them. We should have already beat the Vikings. We have beaten the packers. The odds of us making the playoffs are slim. If we make it cool. If we don’t fine. It’s all icing on the cake. The bills game and how we responded the next week proves this regime is different.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t even say that the 2017 team had any real big games. That was a weak team that didn’t beat any good teams, they never had a chance to go anywhere. This is a team on an ascension looking to make a statement with a win against the 1st place team so I’d say that this is a bigger game than any in that season in that respect.

1 Like

I feel like it’s a biggie. Decided tonight I’m going to make the 7 hour drive and hit this game. I think this game is sort of the Lions coming out party if they win. People will really start putting expectations on them if they win convincingly. Really hope they show up for this one.

1 Like

NO, I meant : The Eagles, The Giants, The Bills…

2 Likes