Is TE James Mitchell not cleared to play?

I thought he was having a good camp. I didn’t see him on the field in the first preseason game. Is he still coming back from injury?

Great question, I thought we would see him on the field. I think the TE battle is suddenly tough battle with Funchess showing out. Besides you all know you wanna here the announcer say “Funchess in bunches” this year.

1 Like

are you having a hunch that it’ll be Funchess in bunches eating others’ lunch in the crunch?

2 Likes

looks like just a precautionary measure….

6 Likes

Thanks. That explains it.

Funchess did look good and I wonder if he will block and play special teams well enough to make the team.

4 Likes

I am thinking there’s a plan to stash him on the PUP to start the season and that’s hard to do if he plays in the preseason.

3 Likes

Funchess did look great and he is huge in person.

2 Likes

James Mitchell is a BEAST. He’s big, strong and fast. If healthy, and he get’s enough time. Hock may not get an offer for the extension that he wants. Mitchell is just that good.

1 Like

There was a report during the game that he will play game #2

2 Likes

Agreed, and that would tell me Funchess has a good shot at making the roster if Mitchell starts on PUP because they are both receiving tight ends.

Oh interesting. If he plays and looks healthy, then Funchess probably getting cut. No way they are keeping 2 receiving tight ends that can’t really block.

1 Like

I heard it on the radio broadcast and they didn’t mention any source tho so it could had just been speculation on announcers part, time will tell

Can’t start on PUP, would have to remain on PUP/NFI during entire training camp. Reserve - IR with return designation would do the same thing, but there is a limit on returns (max 10 for year, I think).

Only players eligible for reserve PUP/NFI (not part of 53man are Romeo/Jamo/Cabinda/Jacobs/Paschal).

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.