Is the Future Now? Is the Window Open? A Blue Kool-aid Crack Piece

I agree with most of what you said.
Goff if he does regain his grove we need then to go get a solid backup.
Goff would free up the 2 first rd picks to we can hope add two more studs.

We have the Cap room to handle a few FA who can push the D to point where it is solid .
We have cap to keep any player who shines this season.

I think next season has to be the push for series playoff game wins. We should be set if an its a if Goff shows he his QB of future.
We are at point if he is are QB to example but draft a first rd OT decker in couple years or any position but that say OT can learn an be ready to replace are LOT an he can be are stud back up.

Who cares about the money if we use it for players we know will produce for us.
The team i believe is at point where we can have any player who is FA an pay what ever they feel he is worth. We can shop for who we want not who we hope we can get if we over pay.

2 Likes

We don’t play in a weak division… or a weak conference……?

The Packers are a top 3-4 overall team the last 3 years. The Vikings are pretty solid talent wise, and could be 8-9 or 11-6 easily- the Bears suck.

Did anyone miss-

Chiefs needed to comeback 21 straight points in the 4th quarter to comeback against the 49ers.

Bucs blew out chiefs.

Rams beat Bucs

• we are all enamored by “young gun” arms like Burrow, Mahomes, Herbert, and Allen… but in reality one will likely miss the playoffs, one will get knocked out round 1, and maybe 1 makes the SB…. If they do, and win, then the afc is .500 in last 5 SBs

The key to a successful season is the Lions running game.
Take control of the clock. Keep the defense fresh and make the opponents panic thinking they have to counter strike quickly. That’s where errors can occur.
Teams will have to be concerned about the passing game with the new additions. They can’t just stack the line.
We’ll know how good this running attack is after game one. Eagles have a good defensive line which includes a 340 pound first round pick. If they can run on those guys then who is going to stop them.

Lions are moving in the right direction. I just hope that upper management sticks to their plan.

5 Likes

If goff plays like the goff from the last 6 weeks of the year vs goof, we can do a lot more than people think. I dont anticipate him to play to that level for a whole season but who knows

1 Like

I don’t know about that. Even if we have to replace Goff we’re set up for even a rookie quarterback to come in and play well. They’ll be protected by one of the best offensive lines in football and surrounded by talented weapons. It’ll be similar to the jets situation when they drafted Sanchez.

1 Like

I mean, by nfl standards, we kinda do? The best teams in the league last year were NFC, and that may be true again. But top to bottom, the conference was bad. If I look at the NFC judging by last year, I see:

An NFC North with one playoff team and 3 fair to bad teams
An NFC South with one playoff team and 3 fair to bad teams
An NFC East with three fair to bad teams and one decent team whose record was inflated by playing in the worst division in football
An NFC West that’s pretty stacked

Things change of course, but going by what we saw in 2021, any team that can tread water around .500 is likely playoff-bound. To me, that’s a weak conference.

3 Likes

dave chappelle tyrone biggums GIF

I’m thinking the best league will be the AFC in 2022, most of the high end FA’s went to the AFC iirc. NFC west will be strong with a weakened Seattle but Rams, Niners, and Cardinals should be tough. AFC west looks to be brutal.

1 Like

The AFC west is the most loaded division in the history of the NFL. All 4 teams are top 12-15 teams.

2 Likes

I dont know if you all remember but the Lions blue koolaid pack was my avatar for years. I had my marketing employee make that as a project with photoshop when photoshop first came out and then I made it my avatar.

Someone stole it from there and it’s now all over the internet.

At one time I was considered an overly optimistic Lions fan. I’m much more jaded now.

I found this one bouncing around Twitter and I thought it was fitting for this thread.

Go ahead and make it your avatar. I thought about it but I like my current one.

2 Likes

Jordan Love sucks. Packers are a Rodgers retirement from being a non-factor in the division. Our time is coming soon.

2 Likes

Well, that’s another factor too. I just don’t see it with the Packers this year. I think they’re going to struggle out of the gate, I do. The Vikings are transitioning to a new staff which brings them a step slow. The Bears are DOA. I really think this is our year.

Watching fields yesterday (even though it was preseason) …. Dang 14-16 182 yards 3 TD and almost 100 yards rushing…. Crazy if he starts balling like that

looking at 2021 playoff teams only…

NFC North.
— Packers have to be viewed as weaker sans Davonte Adams.
— Also lost O line depth (Turner, Kelly), and MVS (offset by Watkins)

NFC East.
— Cowboys lost La’el Collins, Connoe Williams, Amari Cooper, Randy Gregory, and Cedrick Wilson as UFA.
— Tyron Smith, Michael Gallup and James Washington are fractured.

— Philly looks improved… but still have an unproven QB.

NFC South
— Tampa lost starting OG and C from O line
— have Boom or bust WR situation w/ Godwin & Julio
— Lost Gronk …. got Rudolph.
— no Suh or JPP at this time.

NFC West
— Russ leaves the Hawks rusty.
— 49ers could be boom or bust with Lance.

— Rams lost Von…. got B Wagner
— Rams replaced OBJ & Woods w/ A-Rob
— Rams lost big Whit
— Rams will be hosed if Staff suffers elbow setback.

— AZ lost Chadler Jones
— AZ lost Nuke for 6 games.
— can AZ win late in season???

Summary….

most of the NFC top teams have suffered UFA or injury losses that may set them back.

Russ Wilson to AFC and several big free agent moves favor the AFC.

Teams may build for 4 years, but its not with the staff that brought them there. If MCDC is the guy, he will make something happen this year…or at worst next year.

We can give a mulligan to year 1. But the reality is that the window opens in year 2, and we should approach things from that angle. If there is a good football player available…go get him. The idea that “we aren’t ready yet” is silly. The time is now.

100% agree. We should see huge strides if this staff is worth a salt.

8 wins or above in my opinion. Anything less should be concerning.

I 100% agree with this statement too.

Most teams will turn over 60% + of their roster by year two. There’s no reason you shouldn’t be trying to win every game you can and try improving your roster as much as possible.

If there’s a good, young player at a position of need than you should be making a legitimate shot at obtaining him.

Expectations should be much higher this year.

3 Likes

As we makes the final cuts to our new 53……

I’m ok with saying we are better overall than last year.

We must win period as we know but, this roster is simply stronger and healthier than last year imho and that’s props to leadership

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 240 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.