Isaiah Simmons

Agree that this team could benefit from Simmons, I’m just not convinced Patrricia/Quinn see it that way. This is the organization that spends a 2nd on Tavai and resigns Jones. Who doesn’t feel the need to add a pass rusher. Adding a player like Simmons does not feel like a Lions move.

I was kind of thinking the same thing, we reached for Tavai just because he had the size, I don’t know if we’d take a LB when he doesn’t have the preferred size, yet anyways. I think Simmons could easily be a 250lb player.

The odds are at least 50-50 that Patricia and his Shit defense aren’t here in 2-3 years, so I want BDPA regardless of scheme

1 Like

I think he could be like a Troy Polamalu in the NFL.

I don’t know . I like Simmons but in order to truly utilize him a move of T. Walker would be required …Tracy is not an every down FS , not a single high guy. T.Walker, Harris & Simmons on the field and you still do not have a true FS . Would rather go Okudah at 3 if Chase is gone or trade down with Miami and hope Okudah is available at 5 with the Giants taking an OT.

I guess I’ll disagree with everything in your post regarding Walker. Walker is a single high safety and also our best man to man box safety. He’s got range length and he’s a solid tackler. He’s everything they hope Harris can be.

1 Like

Yeah, I really don’t know where the same-as-Walker’s-position talk comes from. If anyone’s looking at less playing time due to the addition of Simmons, it’s probably a combination of Travis Wilson and Christian Jones.

It is true we do not have a true FS, Walker is not that good in coverage. We have all SS types. And as far as Simmons goes I think he adds weight and plays LB with coverage skills witch we lack

I don’t understand why he couldn’t take over the WILL spot or OLB. His speed at the OLB is what we’re looking for, that was the appeal of White and Bush last year, even though they were ILB, a true coverage LB.

I get that …I just hate projecting someone can handle something as a top 5 pick…Can he put the weight on and keep it on ? Can he be the same player with the weight ? I think he loses his swiss army knife versatility (The HYBRID) player just plugging him in at WLB . His talent and versatility should have him at Walkers spot , replacing Walker is not a need for us , is he an upgrade I think so but we have other spots that desperately need help

I think LB is a huge need this year. Kennard was the only Lions LB that graded out positively on PFF. I also don’t think he needs to add weight, last year Devin Bush 5’11" 235, Devin White 6’0" 238. The only projecting we would need to do is whether our DC can figure out how to use him. You can still run the 3-3-5 they were using, 3 DL, 3 LB (Davis, Tavai, Simmons) and your 5 DBs.

What does Bush and White have to do with the Lions? We didn’t draft either guy. What we did draft is a 250+ lb linebacker.

I’m not saying Simmons can’t be a successful NFL LB at that weight, I’m saying the Lions won’t draft him at that weight.