Isaiah Wilson tweets he’s done with football as a titan

No question that Okudah doesn’t have Slay’s long speed, which was near the top of the NFL for CBs. However, as guys like Joe Haden and Josh Norman have proven over the years, it’s not all about long speed.

2 Likes

I think he is going to be a slot corner. He is also going to have to learn how to jam at the line better.

Consider the coaching staff. Our entire defense looked clueless and slow. Worst case for Okudah is he takes the Malcom Jenkins route and transitions to safety.

I think its more of a “Peter Pan Syndrome.” He’s a little boy who is refusing to grow up. Kinda reminds me of Mike Williams.

I don’t see it.

Okudah will be fine. He’s just never going to be the stud a 3OA pick should be. But I do think he has Probowl capabilities.

The Lions defense put a lot of strain on our CB’s. Glenn and Capers use heavy cover 3 zone concepts and there defense will fit Okudah better.

Okudah had plenty of struggles as a rookie but he showed some flashes too. He will be fine.

I tried to explain why he wasn’t worthy of a 3OA pick last year prior to the draft but no one was listening. And I was branded an Okudah hater which was far from the truth.

https://lionstalk.com/t/say-no-to-okudah/4687

1 Like

Same here. I begged and pleaded not to draft him, but evidently BQ didn’t read my posts.
He could still turn out to be a serviceable player for us. I’m just hoping he at least has the athletic ability to become a solid starter … that would be a small miracle.

Hopefully your assessment turns out to be true as opposed to mine.

Okudah will end up being a Pro Bowler in the not too distant future. The Pleasants and Glenn hires are huge. Okudah is incredibly talented. Just needs his head to stop spinning.

2 Likes

Titans gave him away literally for almost less than nothing:

Wilson, the 2020 first-round pick of the Tennessee Titans, has been traded to the Miami Dolphins, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Monday. The Titans are sending Wilson and a 2022 seventh-round pick to the Dolphins for a 2021 seventh-round selection.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Okudah ends up having a career like Malcom Jenkins. Average as a corner but a pro bowl safety.

Jenkins is extremely football smart, a good leader and loves the film room. Is that Jefe? I am now thinking about an old Bill Polian story that I’ve told on here before, but I will tell it again while I’m thinking about it.

Bill Polian was with the Colts, and he was intrigued by the game film of a kid at Howard U named Antoine Bethea. Bethea was a safety, but had all the traits Tony looked for in his corners. Bill goes to Tony with the game film to show him, and Tony likes the kid and agrees that he can be a corner for them. They also agree to keep the kid “hush hush” and not discuss him with the rest of the group. They are just going to take him in the 6th round without talking about it, so word doesn’t get out. They are at practice and Bethea is getting his reps in at safety. Of course back then it was Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark, etc on offense. He got an interception in all 3 of the first practices they had him at safety. After the 3rd interception Dungy walks over to Bill Polian and says “I guess we are keeping the kid at safety!” Of course he went on to have a 14 year career with multiple pro bowl nods and was the starter in 2 Super Bowls.

2 Likes

@FreebirdPartDeux yeah that’s basically a cap dump for them.

And now:

Cup of coffee in the nfl that’s it for him I think

Seems kind of Titus Young like. I hope the young man’s mental health is okay.

I feel bad for this kid. He’s making his life much more difficult than it needs to be and he doesn’t even know it.

2 Likes

I don’t think there is a chance that this kid is mentally okay. Something has gone seriously sideways with this kid and someone needs to step in.

1 Like

As a country we really need to work on our mental health diagnostics. The early 20s are a critical age for the onset of certain mental illnesses. Do you know if they do any mental health screening at the combine?

3 Likes

He appears to be on drugs. His ole lady does too.

He just doesn’t look like he’s taking life very seriously.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/6981623002

Isaiah Wilson, a first-round NFL draft pick last year, was arrested in January in Georgia for driving as fast as 140 mph, with drugs in his possession,

A metal grinder containing 3.4 grams of marijuana was found in the console, and 0.2 grams of acid were found in the woman’s purse.