It's time to break out the Torches and Pitchforks!

From the day of his hiring, Dan Campbell was lauded as a culture changing guy. A natural born leader of men who drew comparisons to Bill Cowher.

His press conferences were the topic of many pundits, but the honeymoon phase was on in earnest, and it was laughed off as a breath of fresh air. That, unfortunately, has quickly become an ill wind.

The Chicago game was a culminating condemnation of this coaching staff and the direction they are heading. The team came out flat as a pancake. Mental errors occurring all over the field, highly questionable gameplan, and coaches failing to make adjustments. Chicago was a very winnable game.

Minnesota was also a very winnable game. What is the definition of insanity? We got to see it in action during the Ravens, I mean Vikings, game winning drive.

Does Campbell feel Deja Vu? Does he feel the ghost of his old coach Marinelli? It’s all coming together to make his first season as Head Coach here look exactly like his last season as a player here. Motivating speeches and raw emotions only become a side show when you can’t back it up in the win column, and losing the locker room becomes inevitable.

Let me bring out one of my favorite quotes, because it applies here, from the movie Bull Durham. “Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You’ll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you’ll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press’ll think you’re colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob.”.

Right now, Dan Campbell is a slob. He needs to clean up and focus on winning. Unfortunately, I don’t believe he has it within him to become the scythe wielding, results demanding, A-Hole that both coaches and players need to bring out more than what they would otherwise be capable of. Diamonds are made under pressure, and right now this team is just a lump of coal.

I believe that the Cleveland approach needs to occur, sooner rather than later. The Holy Grail treatment of allowing a coaching staff to muck around for three years of wasting players careers and fans lives needs to stop, and Sheila Ford needs to step up, lest she cultivate her father’s culture that led to Darryl Rogers to ask, “What does it take to get fired around here?”.

Cleveland kept a revolving door policy until they found someone who would quit making excuses and start winning. The same approach needs to happen here. It’s clear that Campbell doesn’t have “it”, the team needs to pour ketchup on his contract and eat it, immediately. Let Lynn take over for the remainder of the season and see if he can right the ship.

The time, sadly, has already come to end this ill fated experiment. It’s time to break out the torches and pitchforks.

I would like to thank RickOShea as my inspiration for this post. I would also like to thank my friends and family, the Academy, the little people, and I know I’m forgetting somebody. My agent! Weaselpuppy! I couldn’t have done this without him! Get on down here and take a bow!

4 Likes

Post like this are why we need a downvote button.

21 Likes

Look, I was not a fan of the idea of hiring Campbell when some floated it early on, nor was I pleased when he was actually chosen.

But come on.

It’s 5 games into a season in which management decided to suck it up and eat all of the bad decisions from the last regime. Many of the top players on an already-limited roster are hurt. Yet the team is a hair away from a respectable (given the situation) 2-3.

It’s totally fair to have expectations, but expecting real winning this year was a tall order to start with.

Now, if we come out flat next year, I’ll start getting my riot gear prepared. But let’s at least give it that long.

7 Likes

5 games in and you want to fire him already, lol common man this roster is a dumpster fire. I can’t think of any coach in the NFL currently that would be winning with this roster and the injuries we have had.

4 Likes

Is this real or is it sarcasm?

6 Likes

trolling

6 Likes

I love my Lions and want them to win, you know like multiple SBs!!

But, if the continue to suck …. I’ll just have to suck it up!! And keep hoping they will win the next game…. And they either will or won’t

However, I’m not putting this much of myself into a game either…. Way too much time and energy for me on this…. Way too much negativity

Hope you find some serious inner peace brother! There is more to life than this…

3 Likes

LOL.

DC is changing the culture. We can see it. Give it time grasshopper.

4 Likes

Ei yi yi, at least you get it.

Sorry for the bit of dark humor folks! The post really was inspired by RickOShea and his post Everybody take a deep breath… Please call off the dogs! I’m friendly! I surrender! :laughing::rofl::joy:

This dark satire has been delayed by various bits of life and I wanted to give it a convincing edge. Mission waaay too accomplished, :laughing:

4 Likes

I thought Urban Meyer would be a dream hire so I’m not allowed to speak on these matters

3 Likes

Dukes Of Hazzard County GIF

1 Like

You seem to be under the impression that the Lions can hire anyone they want, and they have to agree to come here.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I mean I wanted MP and BQ gone after the jets game. Look where that got us. Is Campbell the answer??? Maybe or maybe not. But if he isn’t the answer we will be rebuilding again.

I was waiting on the sarcasm claim due to the fact this was a very well written post. Most that would seriously advocate such a position would never have stated it so eloquently, well played…

Give DC and his staff a chance will actual players, but for now I see development in the majority of players on this team, which will serve us well in the years to come.

2 Likes

I was beating the drum for MP’s removal after the first few games. My biggest disappointment with Sheila is that she kept him an extra year. After a few games with DC I see a team that fights for 60 minutes. They are young and learning so they make costly mistakes. But the dynamic is totally different. I think we have management that will at least get this team respectable. Can they go beyond that? Time will tell

2 Likes

with you all the way-- just bitterness and wants immediate results from a team that is in a complete rebuild—top to bottom–i do not like to ridicule anyone’s post–but —it’s just a bullshoot rant

The previous regime left us without much talent on the defensive side of the ball. How many of our starters would start on the majority of teams in the NFL? Maybe 1?

I have a bigger issue with Holmes than Campbell if we had a even remotely mobile QB that didn’t constantly give the ball to the other team they would have won a couple games.Then you pass on Parsons dont get me weong I like Sewell but Parsons or Feilds was the pick in my mind.So yeah I think Campbell is a good coach and will have some ups and downs but Holmes needs to give this team the players to help him win.

Well done. Agree that the lucid vibe undermined the believability, though. Throw in some expletives and nonsensical wandering for a more realistic crackpot rant. Kinda like many of my posts…

New Emily Litella Memes | All This Memes, Type of Joke Memes, Imgflip Com  Memes

RIP Gilda

1 Like

Turns out it was sarcasm, which I should have picked up on from the last paragraph, but we have enough honest whining here that the sarcasm totally went over my head.

2 Likes