Jaamal Williams likely gone. Who do you replace him with

The Lions would like Williams back if the price is right and Willians would like to return but he’s not likely going to take a pay cut to do it.

He has visits scheduled with Cincy, Jets and Bills who are all heavily interested.

It’s not looking good that he will return.

I think it is highly likely we loose him to free agency.

That leaves the question on how the Lions will go about replacing him?

I think we do so via the draft.

I like Z. Evans but I’m not convinced the Lions will take him.

5 Likes

Sad Monsters Inc GIF by filmeditor

Hopefully Bijan, but I don’t want him to leave.

4 Likes

I’m not convinced in the least that Jamaal or Cominsky won’t be back. The rest I really don’t know either way but I’d be shocked if those two aren’t back when it’s all said and done.

5 Likes

Bbc Shut Up GIF by Sherlock

2 Likes

Rashad Penny on a 1 year prove it deal is my guess and preference, then draft later a guy like Prince or McBride.

4 Likes

Why would he have to take a pay cut? Are you talking about his previous salary with the Lions?

1 Like

One of the beat writers wrote today that he sees JW coming back for slightly less than what other teams offer him to stay in Detroit.

Panthers are another one to watch.

Buzz: Led the NFL with 17 rushing touchdowns last season and became the first Lion to top 1,000 yards since Reggie Bush in 2013. Remains the only unrestricted free agent to sign a multi-year deal with the Lions under Brad Holmes and Dan Campbell, and there is mutual interest in a return. As obvious a fit as Williams is in Detroit, signing him isn’t a given. The Carolina Panthers, with former Lions running backs coach Duce Staley, and Buffalo Bills are among other teams interested in adding Williams to their backfield, though Williams’ preference is to stay in Detroit.

Prediction: Turns down slightly more money elsewhere to stay with the Lions.

3 Likes

■■■■!

2 Likes

This is the MO. Let the market tell you your worth. Then we’ll see.
But yes, if there’s a team to watch out for its Duce’s Panthers.

3 Likes

Agreed - I think Penney would be a really nice fit here

2 Likes

I would replace him with Zach Zenner

2 Likes

Well for starters, beating B Sanders TD record and making him take a pay cut sends a huge signal to your team. (If taking a pay is the case)

Surely BH is a smart man, he isn’t looking down this road. And since he does have meetings scheduled already, tells me this is going on the wrong direction.

David Montgomery

I wouldn’t be confident that Penny can stay health enough to start with.

1 Like

I think your missing it when he says pay cut I think he means from someone else offering more money then the Lions. Not a pay cut from what he made last season.

4 Likes

I think the Lions want him and will pay him.

3 Likes

Well if it wasn’t for the ? of injury you wouldn’t be able to get him on a reasonable one year deal. And that’s why you still have swift and a rookie RB in Later rds.

2 Likes

Oh I thought pay cut was a pay cut.

That’s why you keep Jamaal and still get Bijan. You don’t have to worry and or skip a beat when you deal Swift. Problem isn’t hard when “pay cut” isn’t involved.

2 Likes

Where did you read that he has visits scheduled? All I’ve seen is that those teams are expected to have an interest.

2 Likes

I’d be shocked too because of the talk prior to FA and that if they weren’t already formulating an agreement behind the scenes … the talk wouldn’t have been so loud.
It could happen but to me that’ll feel like an L in their plan.

Then I guess I’d also be ok getting a high end cheap prospect in the draft.

Prefer swaggy is back

1 Like