Jack Campbell

I don’t get to watch much big 10 football. Jack Campbell is playing pretty well in this game. What is everyone’s thoughts on him

He’s a tackling machine and is second in the big ten in tackles but I doubt he declares for the NFL draft.

I believe he still has a year of eligibility and he should take it.

This is his first year as a starter and he’s been used mostly as a WLB lined up on the inside as a stack LBer. In that sense he’s a lot like Jahlani Tavai and both are used in a similar way in college.

But Campbell is tall 6’5” …. Honestly I wonder how well his game will translate.

Most likely in the NFL he’d be a role player and used primarily on obvious run downs. I do not think he’d be a 3 down LBer at the next level.

But I’d say his NFL comparison is Jahlani Tavai. Their near identical players.

I thought for a second you were talking about the G for the Toronto Maple Leafs - he’s from Port Huron and playing damn well.

1 Like

dear god no GIF

2 Likes

I think his RAS came out much better than Tavai right?

Lol nice job digging up an old thread. It’s crazy how much changes over the course of a few months. I’ve always wanted to do an experiment where I take the immediate early mock drafts for the following year, bookmark them and then compare to mock drafts that come out the week before. I’ve never done it but maybe I’ll start this year… just to see who everyone thinks will have a great college season until they don’t, or who no one thinks about but flies up the board. Just would be interesting and funny to see how that evolves over the year.

I’m pretty sure I remember Sam Howell was going to be a top 5 pick last year and it carried into the college season for a little bit. You guys are smarter and have better memories than me so I’m sure you know a lot more examples!

2 Likes

Campbell was almost perfect on RAS. I feel better now. Tavai was just straight slow.

2 Likes

My goodness that is awful… Belichick played Quinn so hard

3 Likes

That regime gives the Millen regime for stupidest regime a real run for their money.

Millen drafted CJ

Quinn drafted ragnow and decker…

I consider that a wash, when you take into account all the failed picks…

Where’s kalimba edwards these days?

I’m just talkin shit but man, they both were bad in their own ways

2 Likes

Kalimba was a hall of famer compared to Tavai. lol

2 Likes

Sad but true, him and boss Bailey

2 Likes

Oh dear God, this is an Air horror film.

3 Likes

More Snake Handler cures that.

Last year we picked Kedon Slovis.

1 Like

Interesting and thanks for posting! He actually didn’t do too bad considering, he had Stingley, Thibodeaux, hutch, Neal all in there… actually not a bad projection considering it was a year in advance!

Ringo and Bresee were top 10 to start.
Rattler was top QB at one time.

1 Like

Tavai is playing well now in NE… he graded higher than any player on our defense when we played them last year… Patricia couched him down while he was here

Kyle Van Noy part 2.

Yea, good for Tavai, he did play decent last year. It had nothing to do with Patricia though, tubby was running the offense into the ground last year. Tavai with some actual good coaching from BB, looked decent. It also helps that he’s not playing at 260 pounds anymore, which Patricia wanted him to play at and then couldn’t figure out why he was so slow. smh

This statement was 100% accurate when I made it 1.5 years ago. At the time he was used solely as a stack LBer like Hawaii used Tavai and he needed another year. I was 100% correct he returned for another year.

He then moved to MLB and grew greatly as a player and I’ve been on the Jack Campbell band wagon ever since. I’ve made many many many positive remarks about Jack Campbell all season.

This is exactly why dragging old posts up is against board rules and why mods always lock old threads that are bumped.

I don’t think so. My statement was accurate and he returned like he should have. He improved greatly as a player and I like J. Campbell as a player.

But dragging up old threads and taking things out of context to make it seem that I don’t really isn’t cool and is against board rules.

But I will leave it up to another mod to close it.