Jacksonville Jaguars

I absolutely love their draft. Looking back at that hypothetical trade for #9 and #20 that wasn’t probably offered, supposedly. I would have done it (if it were offered) and got the exact same haul they got. We could of got CJ Henderson and K’Lavon Chaisson (Sign me up) instead of just Jeff Okudah.

I’d rather have Okudah personally

Their D is so much stronger today.

Think this through a second…

Jacksonville has picks 9 and 20.
Detroit has pick 3.
Jacksonville got the better value in 9 and 20 is proof that Quinn should have taken a trade that you question was never offered. Well, isn’t it also proof that Jacksonville was right not to offer? You would have gotten the same haul they got? Well, if their board was set and this is who fell, then, again, you fully see the reason Jacksonville never offered a trade.

You can work through the entire exercise with Miami as well. Their 3 picks aren’t just valuable to Detroit, they’re valuable to everyone in the NFL, which is why they kept them.

3 Likes

This.

Look, I am a fairly vocal critic of this regime, but at some point you have to be at least somewhat objective. If the Lions had multiple first round picks, this board would lose its collective mind if they were used to trade up for a single pick. Yet we expect other teams to beg us for the privilege of doing that.

I also love the “they should’ve taken anything to move down” crowd. Mostly because they’d be lighting Quinn up for trading down to #5 for a third rounder if that’s what was offered and completed.

2 Likes

Totally understand what you’re saying and wasn’t being critical of the Lions. I just know there was some discussion about the value of that particular trade. Looking back, I would have for sure pulled the trigger knowing what we know now. Just kind of fun to look back.

For sure. On a team devoid of top-end talent, grabbing a couple of instant starters is appealing. That’s why guys have been pinning up their mock drafts around here like they were Farah Faucet posters. They each involved a trade where they could add more than 1 1st round player.

1 Like