Jags signing Walker

JPA Football

@jpafootball

·

19h

Update: #Jaguars are signing #1 pick Travon Walker to a 4-year $37.4M deal, per

@FieldYates

The deal is fully guaranteed

are the contracts set by the league now? I can’t remember.

Walker, Taxes Danger

4 Likes

Gotta love getting drafted to Florida, he’ll get to keep 5-10% more of his money

4 Likes

Maybe. The housing market is getting ridiculous down there.

1 Like

For the most part, yes. Days of holdouts are in the past.

True. But that didn’t work with the reference/word play.

Contracts are mostly set. There are a few details like offset language that needs to get ironed out.

1 Like

The pun always takes precedence.

Always.

1 Like

Mah Sweeties dad built near Pensacola in 2020. Sold it 18 months later for 50% +gain. Building beach house now. Loopy times…

1 Like

$30 per sheet for 7/16 OSB ???
Who can even build now?

1 Like

Lots of ppl moving here. Housing market is very solid, and prices seem stable and rising. Cost of gas goes up, cost of food goes up, cost of “stuff” goes up, cost of rent goes up, etc.

1 Like

yeah particle board/chip board, it’s damn crazy. I do not believe EVERYTHING needed to be increased because of the BS oil crap in Iran or whatever. IF the product is oil-based, gas /fuel-based ok. but your 2x4’s are not even 2x4’s anylonger…but you pay as if they are…that’s BS…the product is LESS not equal-to. Sorry I got off on an outside subject.

1 Like

GIF by VH1

3 Likes

Just the housing market? :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

From what I’ve read, Florida is quickly becoming the most expensive state to live, largely because the housing market is going nuts from all the people moving down there during the pandemic. Miami is obviously skewing the results a bit but even Jacksonville prices are kind of rocketing upward.

Fair :sweat_smile:

season 4 florida GIF by Broad City

3 Likes

It’s been as high as almost $60. Insanity.

An old, small house in our neighborhood burned last year. The lot is quite deep for the city and neighborhood, so we bought it to build a new house. We’re just been sitting here waiting for material prices to get reasonable.

I’m probably one of the few people sitting here cheering for the Fed to raise rates faster.

2 Likes

May be time to ask super dad for some dowry

2 Likes

Haven’t spent a ton of time in Jacksonville, but it feels like some neighborhoods are on the upswing, and the wave of progression (in terms of ROI for real estate is rippling out farther from the downtown area). Seems to be good. FL will eventually be more expensive. While everyone else was on lockdown, we were playing beach volleyball. The regulations are changing across the country, so I’d expect some leveling off, but right now, FL is just a great place to be, no matter what your political orientation. I experience very little judgement being flung around in either from right to left…or left to right. People seem to be getting along better here than what I hear form the national narrative.

Love my humans.
Love where I live.

1 Like